cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 87

Re: Fingers crossed!

@TorquayMarc 

Will the modem automatically disable then one the WAN is plugged in and phone line is unplugged?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Your new Smart Hub 2 has no modem Marc, It should just work when you put the username and password in.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 87

Busterboy it must have... because my new hub is plugged in now and providing the connection I'm replying to you on.

I thought it had no modem myself, and was surprised to see a RJ45 socket.

I plugged it in, and as if by magic I'm connected.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 87

Screenshot_20210123-153635_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 87

20210123_154202.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 87

I have a brand new one in its box I just checked Marc.

Sorry mate mine is just the same, My bad info there so apologies mate.

I have a dedicated fibre router Asus RT-AX88U which is fibre / cable only with no modem.

Again sorry mate here is mine just the same as yours.

Smart Hub 2.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 87

@busterboy1  I was under the same impression as you tbh. 

Can I ask why you upgraded your router, does it give better performance?

For me, I have an ethernet splitter, with cat7 running to each room..  I had new carpets throughout and took the opportunity to lay wires under, so except wifi only devices, most of my tech is hard wired.

I have a couple of BT discs here and there, and I have excellent WiFi throughout.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 87

No problem @TorquayMarc 

I had waited far too many years for FTTP to actually get it installed and then have speed problems similar to many are having as described on these forums due to the Smart Hub 2.

Spent many many hours reading what was working and what wasn't and decided to bite the bullet.

Purchased a brand new Asus RT-AX88U (quite expensive) but it just works without any headache.

ASUS RT-AX88U.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 87

Yes I've read about the issues to.

I'll see how it goes, if I get any issues I'll upgrade to.

From what I have read it seems to be the Upload... which is exactly what I need a good connection for. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 87

@TorquayMarc  Worth trying the supplied Smart Hub 2 as it comes free.

Message 30 of 87

@TorquayMarc. When I had full fibre installed, once the engineer said everything was done, I unplugged the telephone cable from the back, plugged in my cat 7 cable and then rebooted the hub and that was all.

The Smart Hub 2 isn't as bad as some people make out. It's not wifi 6 compatible so if you have wifi 6 devices and you want the full download speeds over wifi, then you would need to invest in a better hub. Mine and my Wife's PCs are wired into the hub, so the SH2 suits our needs.