cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 87

Re: Fingers crossed!

My understanding is that these Kelly Communications cowboys only get paid for a completed job.

So sitting on my drive, eating his lunch... and then using the covid excuse for his laziness can be backed up by the tracker on his vehicle putting him at my address for 40 minutes.

As for some woman ringing me from Kelly's and pretending to be Openretch... yea  very professional.  Not.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 87

So, a little update.

I sent BT an invoice for my time, which was ignored.

I sent a reminder 8 days later, no reply.

I then had a letter from my solicitor sent to BT on day 25 making an official demand for settlement.

5 days later I had a call, and was offered, and I accepted, a part  payment in the form of a bill credit, so that was a token win.

My new install date is now Tuesday the 16th.

I have been promised beyond all doubt that this time a real Open Reach engineer will be sent, and not a Kelly's Cowboy.

We shall see.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 87

Congratulations on that token win!

Really hoping you get this sorted and Openreach don't let you down again on Tuesday.
Message 54 of 87

Thanks mate. We shall see
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 55 of 87

I know this entire thread is on about FTTP setups but I'm more curious how you went from 19Mbps with SKY to 39Mbps with BT. I thought all FTTC ISP providers would connect with the exact same speeds. I take it you had a dlm line reset when you switched providers and whatever fault was on the line somehow fixed itself? Your max data rate must have been much higher than 19Mbps with SKY to see that sort of improvement when switching between providers. If I decided to switch to somewhere else I imagine mine would sync even lower with my terrible luck.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 87

@Anonymouswrote:

I know this entire thread is on about FTTP setups but I'm more curious how you went from 19Mbps with SKY to 39Mbps with BT. I thought all FTTC ISP providers would connect with the exact same speeds. I take it you had a dlm line reset when you switched providers and whatever fault was on the line somehow fixed itself? Your max data rate must have been much higher than 19Mbps with SKY to see that sort of improvement when switching between providers. If I decided to switch to somewhere else I imagine mine would sync even lower with my terrible luck.

Possibly it was an ADSL connection?

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 87

Nope, no faults on the line, and it was exactly the same connection as BT, with the exception to using Sky's equipment of course.

Anyway..  here we go again...  

Screenshot_20210315-131123_Messages.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 87

@TorquayMarc 

Well, here's hoping everything goes well for you. Onwards and upwards.

I would just like to add Kellys connected us recently following a home move. Two guys, very polite, arrived at our second floor flat fully masked. We were masked too and told them we would leave the area at which the socket was to be fitted. We also advised the guys that our windows and balcony door were opened. That seemed to relax them.

Though not an FTTP job, it would seem to confirm that it is up to the fitter(s) whether to do the job or not. That said, whoever delegates the various staff to carry out these tasks should have a fairly good idea of what each job entails and therefore should ensure they delegate staff who are comfortable entering customers' homes. 

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 87

Ah well 2 of them... probably training.. 😉 

I'm glad it worked out ok for you though, it seems getting good services is like playing the lottery. 

Hopefully tomorrow will work out OK for me to.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 87

Open Retch have arrived... so has a Kelly's Communications guy... the same one that sat on my driving and ate his lunch last time.  

He has apologised and said he didn't feel safe to enter my home last time, but this time he feels much safer...  It's laughable, it really is.

Anyway the OR guy is supervising today, and so far, so good.

0 Ratings