cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 87

Re: Fingers crossed!

Personally I would go with a third party router. I'm sure @busterboy1  would agree as he has.

Why go for a top of the range connection and use a hobbled ISP supplied router? To me it beggars belief.

Meantime post your upload problem in this thread and a mod will get around to you.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Fibre-900-Upgrade-Smart-Hub-2-upload-throttling/td... 

Message 82 of 87

My router is on the latest firmware.

The fella in the faults team said it's definitely a software issue, and it needs changes at the back end, as well as to my smarthub firmware.

He said a patch will be uploaded this afternoon, and he will call me when it's all done.

He said the common issue was the Upload being stuck at 50, but a less common issue is the Upload being stuck at 10, which requires a different fix. 

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 87

So if it is a known issue and they have the fix why isn't a new firmware upadate automatically happening?

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 87

Could have been bug  in firmware and they have to re-apply it again, i was mentioned this with enginner at the time to.

Put it this way though, BT customer service have been really good, just wish Virgin media had this service while i was with them back then. (they have been atrocious)

As the title says fingers crossed for you and you get your speeds sorted out hopefully today.

Message 85 of 87

I do agree, BT seem to have really upped their game.

Obviously the foreign call centres being axed has done the trick. 

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 87

That is a very good question Pippin.  As it stands mine isn't fixed yet, I'm due a call back at 2pm with an update.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 87

BT have fixed my Upload now, but I have no idea what they have done, because the guy called me was unsure himself.

Looking at the router stats, it hasn't had a firmware update.

The speed test was via my phone, on WiFi, with others using it, so it's not a bad connection, but I'm sure if I buy a new router it would improve.

No idea what to buy though! 

Screenshot_20210319-164527_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20210319-164711_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings