cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Firmware updated: 28-May-2018 connection got 4mbps slower?!

zLzhdqD

So I am using BT HUB 6A. Not sure if BT Super Hub (Hub 7) is eligible to me as I'm BT infinity 2 user. My contract is finishing in one month.

The issue of having lower speed with hub 6A occured everytime after a firmware update, and by resetting it fixed it. But somehow with this update, my noise margin went down (just few hour before update they were fine) and even my line attenuation changed?! like wtf did that happen.

This time with a simple reset of the modem for the FTTC connection package I have didn't work for me. Is anyone getting this issue?

My max data rate from 84mbps went down to 80 hence instead of 79.99 my data rate it is staying now lower at 78.32. And my noise margin were 9.7-9.9/7.6-7.9 which as you can see the image went down. Somehow my linea attenuation value changed as well as if the cabinet moved!

Usually when engineer comes they check, they find no problem, i enquiry a DLM reset and everything goes back to normal.

I wish we could manually do the dlm reset. Is there any solution on how to fix the issue I am having?

I am connected from London WhiteChapel area. My building is just two years old so the cables are fine and there is no work outside/catastrophes. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Firmware updated: 28-May-2018 connection got 4mbps slower?!

Please tell me that you are not serious that you think you have a problem because you have dropped 1Mbps on your data rate!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Thing is since the cabinet is around 500m from house 80 mb data rate (not max data rate but actual) meant around 75 mbps in actual download speed.

But the issue is not ending there as my noise margin is still dropping and data rate is now 76.52 hence actual my connection/download speed instead of 75mbps is now 69.50mbps or close depending server etc.

Usually I have around 84-85mbps Max data rate meant my actual data rate could be the 80 mbps offered to me therefore (due to being 500m away from cabin and line attenuation of 13.6) get a 74-75mbps of actual download speed. As right now it is not my house cable issue and everything worked perfectly fine just before the firware update i am beginning to worry.

Usually this issue occurs every single time with a firmware update (before with HUB 5) and whenever i call an engineer and they check it: they ensure me there is no problem with my house cable and with a DLM reset everything goes back to normal and high speed (same as before firmware update).

But since months back when i got the HUB 6 A with every update i just had to reset the modem to fix the noise margin and max data rate going lower issue. Until today where modem reset just didn't work after the firmware update. As I am continuing to monitor is not getting better either. I just don't want to be needed an engineer to come just to reset the DLM so that it fixes it.

It is funny and silly that it happens ONLY when there is a firmware update otherwise my line is super stable and that i need a modem reset or DLM reset to fix it. And of course if I call them they can't do DLM reset from there side unless it is an engineer coming in.

Also in addition to that i'm asking about super hub x just because my bt hub 6A recently is not working at all (properly) wifi wise.
I used to get around the same speed in a 5ghz single wifi connected device. Now literally in the same room as the hub is 30 mbps lower than used to be. I am mostly using one connected ethernet device as of now while wireless devices are off.
I asked if i could get the super hub x with bt infinity 2 deals as my contract is coming closer to the renewal and the advisor didn't know anything about it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Sorry but are you saying your connection has reset again and noise margin and connection speed have dropped?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Sorry I edited my reply above yours explaining better my issue. If you could kindly read it again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Have you tried a factory reset as against a reset just powering off/on as that may help install the firmware update which may be causing the problem

at present only the hh6. Is available for infinity 1/2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

By reset i meant Factory reset as the other thing i call it "restart" if that clears it. Restart never worked I have only done factory reset every time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Obviously you and I use different terminology. Still cleared up now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

@FlareHyranoss wrote:

zLzhdqD

So I am using BT HUB 6A. Not sure if BT Super Hub (Hub 7) is eligible to me as I'm BT infinity 2 user. My contract is finishing in one month.

The issue of having lower speed with hub 6A occured everytime after a firmware update, and by resetting it fixed it. But somehow with this update, my noise margin went down (just few hour before update they were fine) and even my line attenuation changed?! like wtf did that happen.

This time with a simple reset of the modem for the FTTC connection package I have didn't work for me. Is anyone getting this issue?

My max data rate from 84mbps went down to 80 hence instead of 79.99 my data rate it is staying now lower at 78.32. And my noise margin were 9.7-9.9/7.6-7.9 which as you can see the image went down. Somehow my linea attenuation value changed as well as if the cabinet moved!

Usually when engineer comes they check, they find no problem, i enquiry a DLM reset and everything goes back to normal.

I wish we could manually do the dlm reset. Is there any solution on how to fix the issue I am having?

I am connected from London WhiteChapel area. My building is just two years old so the cables are fine and there is no work outside/catastrophes. 

your noise margin has improved as the default is 6dB your attenuation change is nominal and will change over time max data rate also changes over time  you have no problems there at all 

Also there is no such thing as a HUB 7 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Aatm28C

It's actually gotten worse, my data rate dropped even more. I had much higher upload margin and down margin noise wise.

Also now my latency went from 5ms to 17-20 ms
Getting also 67.5 mbps instead of the 74.5-75 mbps as actual download speed before the firmware update. Apparently there was another firmware update lol on the 29th which made it even worse than the 28th may one.

Will be waiting for the DLM reset once the engineer arrives. These firmware updates gives me more issue than benefit

0 Ratings