cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

First Day With BT, Alreagy Regretting It

Hi all,

Moved over from Sky today and already regretting it! I can connect to my router perfectly, with a strong signal. Don't get any drop outs as I can still access my router admin page.

However it is surfing the web which is giving me problems. It started off with me not being able to access Google but now has extended to any site. It just hangs. Even BT doesn't work, I am having to use my phone to post this. Sky customer for 5 years and no problems, first day with BT and can't get online.

Anyone else experiencing the same problems? I've tried rebooting and resetting the router and still no success... Same problem wired or wireless. Seems like BT are having some issues with their DNS?

If I log into my work VPN (which gives me a different DNS) everything works without a glitch so looks like it is something definitely wrong with the BT DNS.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Weewillies
Message 2 of 6

Re: First Day With BT, Alreagy Regretting It

Exactly Same Problem Here In East London Since Around 9.30ish on 3 Infinity Fibre Subscriptions.

0 Ratings
peddle
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Same for me in E. London.

Can d/load fedora 23 at 6+MB/s

googlemail is uncontactable

refresh a page on this BT forum takes 3-4 minutes (taken me half an hour to register)

Seems to be a routing problem in my opinion.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Morgen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Same problem here up in Derby. Don't worry though BT usually isn't that bad, couple nights a hear things just stop working. It's not a DNS issue as I'm using Google DNS, definitely looks like a routing issue.
0 Ratings
Block66b
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Must have been a National or at least England problem as I'm in South Lincs and my connection was slow from the minute I got home yesterday until I went to bed..... Sync was a perfect 76/19 but connection to a lot of sites, including this one just wouldn't load....

Reset the hub this morning and it seems to be OK now..........
0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Take a look at this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Unable-to-use-BT-services-forums-constant-d...

We seem to be having the same headache with BT Broadband which we had back in July
0 Ratings