cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

First engineer incorrectly diagnosed the problem, second engineer not turned up

Our Wifi has been down for almost a week, but due to being away last weekend, we didn’t report this until Monday morning. 

We had a visit from an engineer on Tuesday morning who told us that there was nothing wrong with our connection and our router was probably faulty.

We ordered a new router which arrived on Wednesday. We plugged this in as instructed using the new cables provided and still nothing - just the steady orange light on the router telling us that it’s not connected. 

I made an appointment for an engineer to come out to us again. The appointment was booked for today (Thursday) between 8am-1pm, but no one has turned up. 

Staying at home for a total of three days has seriously affected my work schedule and I can’t afford to stay in for yet another day after today. 

I would like compensation for two things; firstly, the fact that the first engineer incorrectly diagnosed the problem, causing us a further 48 hours with no Wifi before we could get a second engineer appointment, and secondly, for the fact that the second engineer has not shown up to the appointment at all. 

Finally, please can someone be sent out as a matter of urgency to fix this as soon as possible? Unfortunately we’ll be forced to switch to another provider if this poor level of service (Wifi and customer) continues. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: First engineer incorrectly diagnosed the problem, second engineer not turned up

Your posts on here don’t go to BT as such , it’s a BT customer forum , where BT Customers offer advice relating to phones/broadband/BTTV to each other , there are BT Mods ( the only BT employees ) but they don’t necessarily get involved…
Compensation is usually sorted out after whatever the issue is has been resolved, if you were given an appointment and no one shows up , that should be compensated, if the line is still down 2 working days after reporting , so after Wednesday , then that is compensated too.
As far as switching, you obviously are at liberty to do that, but it would have been an Openreach engineer ( or contractor working on behalf of OR ) that fixes issues on Openreach network, not a BT engineer.

Do you have a landline phone service with your broadband ?, is that working ?,  what did the first engineer do apart from saying the connection was fine ?, did they demonstrate any proof to go with the assertion that the connection was fine ,  like making a call or connecting their own equipment and demonstrating it working ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: First engineer incorrectly diagnosed the problem, second engineer not turned up

@Becky1  Was that steady orange light on while the "engineer" was present? 

0 Ratings