cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Flashing Purple Light

Go to solution

Hello,

I have recently moved into a new build house, the WiFi box was supposed to be delivered Friday however it has been pushed back to Tuesday. I have tried plugging in my old BT router and it is flashing purple. According to my BT timeline an engineer would have been to visit however we haven’t had anyone come round. Does anyone know if the issue is that I just need a newer box or if there is a more fundamental issue in which case I will get in contact to arrange a visit.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flashing Purple Light

Go to solution

6326A54A-2D6E-4968-A3EA-DAAD9392617D.jpeg

 these are what is installed if anyone could offer any guidance on whether I have wired it up wrong and how to wire it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The grey lead should go to the red WAN port on your hub, if you don't have a hub with a WAN port, it won't work.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks very much, will wait for the new box to be delivered then
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

My Smart Hub 2 did it's usual 14 day (ish) reboot last night but never came back and was flashing purple. Hub diagnostics offered to reboot which I selected and it rebooted with new firmware... v0.17.01.12312-BT.

To be safe, as I going away in 2 days and rely on my hub for home security, I did a power reset using my code operated "TPS 2000 Phoneswitch" and it rebooted as normal. Fingers crossed, I hate things that crop up just as I'm going away.

0 Ratings