cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Flat should be listed for fibre but it isn’t in BT site

Hi, I’m moving into a newly converted flat. The buildings including my neighbours in the building can get fibre but my flat doesn’t let me get fibre, only standard broadband. How do I fix this? Thanks
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Flat should be listed for fibre but it isn’t in BT site

As it’s newly built you will probably have to order standard broadband first, once the line is active other options should become available to you. As long as the street cabinet is not full. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

But the flat isn’t listed, and it’s letting me buy fibre for the flat next door in the same building. None of the flats are ready yet. They’re ready in the next 7 days..
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Re: My house is not listed

I’ve got the same issue, can a Mod help me please?
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 12

Make sure the developer has registered the new properties with Royal Mail, if not you can do it yourself.

BT can still provide services but it could have to be done in 3 parts, 1st get a new line installed, there will be a connection/installation fee, once done you can add broadband, although fibre will most likely not be an option, once you have standard broadband you should be able to upgrade to fibre.

Once done that's it though, come renewal you'll have options as your address will be Gold by then.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for your reply.
Thing is, when I click add broadband it provides landline installation for free, Ive seen others put messages out and a Mod fixes it with openreach, how do I get a mid to fix it. The developers have installed all the BT cabling already.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

You need to get the phone line first 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I see, so is having a sky line installed different to BT? Because they have my address and checked it for fibre with no issues.
Or is there a problem and BT should be able to offer me what sky are?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 12

BT should be able to offer the same service as SKY as they use the same Openreach database.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Okay so there’s a problem then, so do I need to contact openreach?
0 Ratings