cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Frayed External FTTP cabling

Go to solution

We have had fibre to the property for a few years and recently have been having some building work done to our property. 

It looks like the builders however have frayed the fibre cable whilst doing their work and though everything is still working fine there is a 6cm length of the cable where there is no black outer sheath and instead the fibre is fully exposed. 

Would anyone know a phone number/e-mail address where I can contact someone at BT about this? The online chat doesn't appear to be currently functional and I can't find any option to choose to report the 'fault' without it first checking and then saying there isn't fault (because it is currently working).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Frayed External FTTP cabling

Go to solution

@rosewood33 

As it's FTTP you could try the FTTP help team: 0800 587 4787.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If it has been damaged expect a bill for any repair work carried.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks.

I did contact them and bizarrely, unless the service is actually being affected by the damage or its a threat to the life of others then Openreach won't come out.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@rosewood33wrote:

Thanks.

I did contact them and bizarrely, unless the service is actually being affected by the damage or its a threat to the life of others then Openreach won't come out.

@rosewood33 

Possibly due to the current situation.  Take a photo of it (in it's current) condition and keep a note of who you spoke to and when.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I doubt very much if the fibre itself is exposed but a photo would confirm.

0 Ratings