Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimFraggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Free 76Mb upgrade never happened

Go to solution

Today I've had an issue sorted with my Infinity 1 line which I think has been there a while - was only getting 36 down and 3 up. Not back to full 55 down, 10 up. However, I've done a chat with BT and they say I won't get the 76 free upgrade because my line can't support it.

However when I first signed up with Infinity 1, I was getting 76 down, 18 up for several months even though I was on the Infinity 1 package. I wonder if they did their tests for the upgrade when my line had the problem.

Is there a way to get the upgrade applied now?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Free 76Mb upgrade never happened

Go to solution

post the stats from your router  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JimFraggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ64208381

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

08-Apr-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 10 Minutes 9 Seconds

Data rate:

10.00 Mbps / 55.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

25604 / 81328

Noise margin:

22 dB / 12.9 dB

Line attenuation:

11.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

28760 MB Uploaded / 29279 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)8060201953AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)73.945.62015.338.2AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 15.5--11.5 to 19.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 15.5Up to 111.5 to 19.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date19-04-2018
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

your line can obviously support infinity 2 and is currently on infinity 1 max

do you qualify  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JimFraggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I've been on Infinity 1 since December 2016, so presumably I'm eligible. I wonder if the issue I had with my line was causing problems when they ran their upgrade capability check?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked forum mods to see if they can help you    they will post here with a link

RobbieMac
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JimFraggle

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'll be able to check what happened the free speed boost and if you're eligible for it.  I know that these were happening at the end of last year.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JimFraggle,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've had a look at the details of your account and I can confirm that you were entitled to the speed boost. I've placed an order to increase your speeds which is due to complete tomorrow. I'll follow up with you again on Thursday to confirm the order has completed correctly.

Thanks

PaddyB

JimFraggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Marvellous, many thanks!
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JimFraggle,

I've ran a few checks on your connection and I can see that your speeds have increase to 77 Mbps, which is good to see.

If you need anything else, please get back to me?

Thanks

PaddyB