Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 40

Free ADSL to Fibre Upgrade offer

Go to solution

I am being offered a free upgrade from ADSL to Fibre Halo 1 (FTTP). I am currently using HH6A on ADSL and it has been very reliable over the years but the upgrade is offering free Smart Hub 2. My question is, could I use my current HH6A with the upgrade being offered?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: Free ADSL to Fibre Upgrade offer

Go to solution

FTTP hubs are different to what you have now, so the answer is no, you could ask for an FTTP Smart Hub 1 though, if you really don't want the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

Or you could use a 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution

Al the posts recently about the free fibre upgrade have been FTTC so you are first to be offered FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

@imjolly Yes, I went through the process of upgrading and stopped (cancelled) because they are offering Smart Hub 2. The order stated that it is FTTP and in fact I don't have the FTTC option where I live according to the Broadband checker.

The packaage I'm being offered is Superfast Fibre Halo 1. It has estimated 74mbs download, 20mbs upload and Stay Fast Guarantee of 34 Mbps.

@Richie  My current HH6A is also known as Smart Hub 1, is that the same as what you are suggesting?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution

You current hub does not have a WAN port which is needed for FTTP connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 40

Go to solution

The speeds you quote sound more like FTTC   FTTP would  I expect to be the max for package 80/20mb. Halo is an add on to superfast package and can be 1 or 2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

Definitely FTTP checked again on the order. In the order it also stated inital survey. Also checked Openreach Broadband checker and there is no FTTC for my street.

Upgrade seems like a good deal if I can get Smart Hub 1 since there is no cost on me and will not get charged after contract period.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution

Do you use your landline phone, as that is delivered over copper?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

Dippu_0-1579812918914.png

Guys, you clearly don't believe me that the offer is FTTP. Please see above screen print of the order and under appointment details first sentence.

By the way, the cost is the same a my current ADSL and it will not change even after thee contract ends.

@Keith_Beddoe the phone is on copper since I'm still on ADSL

0 Ratings