cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elsouthward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 47

Free "upgrade" has reduced my download speed?

So I got a free "upgrade" to infinity 2 that should have supposedly incread my speeds to 60-80Mb from the 55 I currently had. It went live this morning and my sync speed has dropped down to 52.

I know it's not much of a drop but still, I was offered an upgrade not a downgrade!

Is it likely anything can be done about it, or am i now stuck with the slightly lower speeds I never asked for?

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 47

Re: Free "upgrade" has reduced my download speed?

there are many posts like yours if you checked the search facility with possible causes and solutions

can you post hub stats

enter phone number and post results   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
elsouthward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 47

Untitled.png

I don't use the BT hub as it's unacceptably poor at managing the number of wifi devices I use. Stats appear to be completely normal though, other than the lower than expected downstream sync at 52049 (previously 55000 as capped by infinity 1).

I read something about G.INP resetting on package change and reactivating after 7 days if I'm on a huawei cab? How am I able to tell if that's the case? Will that likely be the cause of my issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 47

You are on an ECI cab.

The hub stats will tell us if there's room for improvement.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 47

post stat from your router if you are not using hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jsturgess
Beginner
Message 6 of 47

They did the same to me !  They are technically charging people more money and loweing there speeds in the process!  

I had fibre 1 option with a sync speed of 55mbs and once I upgraded to option 2 they moved the sync to 49.30mbps and uped my upload rate to 18mbps 

Because its in the garateeed speed they say its normal! well its not normal the whole point of option 2 is  to get FASTER DOWNLOADS! and it cost more money.. 

They are taken the micky if you ask me , I'm tempted to just go back to option 1 and get the faster download. 

From the looks of it BT are are on perpose setting the Speed 5 MNPS higher than the minimum speed and leaving it at that!   

Im going to go to watch Dog as on there webpage they have this in massive writing ! Expect speeds of around 62MNPS to 70 MBPS on option 2  and then in small TEXT  min speed 45mbps !  They then set the sync to 50mbps MAX !   They are taken the micky big time and by the looks of it they are doing it to a lot of people. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 7 of 47

@jsturgesswrote:

They did the same to me !  They are technically charging people more money and loweing there speeds in the process!  

What? How can a free upgrade be charging you more?

0 Ratings
jsturgess
Beginner
Message 8 of 47

Because when my contract runs out it will rise to the Higher more expensive charge! 

Nothing is FREE from BT ! They know that by putting a customer on a more expensive package will make them more money in the long run. 

Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 47

Yes, unfortunately so. Because you're entering a new contract, you will be paying new (existing customer) contract charges. The only way to get the price down is to haggle before going for the free upgrade.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 10 of 47

The free upgrade is purely a speed upgrade, no changes are being made to the contract & the prices are staying the same, at the end of the contract the prices would only be going up to standard price no the superfast fibre 2 price. It is purely a speed boost not affecting the contract at all