cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

Before you start holding anyone to anything you may wish to check the max your line can support in your router stats.

0 Ratings
Xup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 145

You have a short memory ;), routers attainable as of this minute = 71891Kpbs

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 145

I've not received the 'your line speed is being upgraded' or the 'price increase' email.
My line can definitely cope with the speed...
0 Ratings
Owenmeredith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 145

@pippincp Maximum Data Rate: 28963 / 746988.

It's been stated by BT that it will be happening to all BT Infinity 1 customers, and I was told that it is based on account age (rather than when the broadband was ordered i.e. like myself where the package has come off and back onto the account due to their error). 

It seems a bit pointless if they're not actually rolling it out to everyone who's eligble. 

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 145

My stats from the 6A technical log, the cabinet is 130m away.

Capture5.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 145

These are my stats using a 3rd party router:

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)

The Ookla speedtest shows my download as 51.94 and upload as 18.1

That would be a doubling of my normal upload speed BUT the download speed has always been between 51.8 & 52.2

I did get the email about the speed boost.

Even more strange is when I check my speed with the BT Wholesale page which states the following: download 23.92 & upload 9.20

To take things into the realm of being almost unbelievable (to me at any rate) when I switch to a vpn and run the BT Wholesale test I get the following: download 42.66 & upload 6.39

Anyone make any sense of these results?!?

*****UPDATE***** The tests above were run using the Firefox browser. I've redone the BT Wholesale test using Internet Explorer and have got these results: download 52.24 & upload 12.56

That would still be an upload boost but definitely no improvement re a download speed boost. Ookla still returning the same results as previous Ookla test, this time using Internet Explorer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 145

your speed has increased as now over infinity 1 max just maybe not as much as you hoped

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 145

Thing is I was already getting those download speeds anyway before the so-called 'boost' (I've always managed a steady 51-52 downstream speed). One other thing I forgot to add is that on the 1st 'boost' day I was getting 63Mbps downstream, then there was the usual reboots over a couple of days (as the email stated there would be), and after a couple of days my speed went back to 63Mbps. That lasted for about 6 hours, whereupon the router rebooted again, with the speeds dropping to current levels. There have been two reboots, the last about 6 days ago, but the speeds have never increased again. The fact I was getting the speeds at all at 63 must show my line is more than capable of it. Would replacing the TP-Link TD-W9980 router for a BT Smart Hub make any difference? I have one I've never used.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 145

@imjolly wrote:

your speed has increased as now over infinity 1 max just maybe not as much as you hoped

Has anyone any relevant insight to my query as I've already stated my speeds haven't increased as I was always getting the speeds I am still getting now after this so called 'boost'. Maybe someone else would have a better idea of what may be going on here?!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 145

your connection speed is still above the old infinity1 max so your speed has increase but it would make little difference to download speed

your noise margin is at 7db so hopefilly the DLM will reduce that down to norm 6db which in turn should get your current speed nearer your attainable speed  unfortunately you just have to wait and maintain stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings