Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

Confusing yes, very.

"I can see many customers will be getting upset with BT as well as those who are already feeling left out."

0 Ratings
Xup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 145

Hoping  they get all the price increase emails out, some of us that they have really ***** off can go to pastures new 🙂

Am I right in thinking they have to get the notification email sent to you by the 8th Dec, giving it's 30 days from there to the price increase date.

Next question,   everyone going to get the price hike ?.

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 113 of 145

@RobbieMac wrote:

Who's not eligible?

There's been some confusion around who'll be getting the speed boost. Many BT Infinity 1 customers will receive a Speed Boost but here are details of who’s not eligible:

>Customers who are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support, and who won't benefit from increased speed.

>New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September.

@RobbieMac

Robbie,

As you may recall my line had an open order on it which wasn't closed automatically when it should have been - and hasn't yet received the Speed Boost though my line is capable of speeds above 55MB. It would be good to confirm that its in scope for the Boost.

Also, to clarify the above, are you saying that I won't get the speed boost if I accept my bespoke offer from my price rise email?  The bespoke page describes my offer as  "Unlimited BT Infinity 1 with up to 76Mb download and 19Mb upload speeds"...

Thanks

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 145

@gt94sss2I took the offer and also received the increased speed. I take the "take our Infinity product" part of that message to mean it applies to anyone who is taking Infinity for the 1st time whether it be a new BT customer or someone who is recontracting with an upgrade from 'ordinary' broadband to Infinity. As I've recontracted by taking up the offer in the email AND I've got the speed boost I can't see how it means anything different (unless they downgrade my speeds again).

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 145

@MadRob wrote:

Further to my own testing. Two days ago I set up the Hub 6. What a disaster that turned out to be. Yesterday I reinstated the TP-Link router which is now showing rock solid speeds of Downstream 63.98 & Up 18.32 with thesae stats

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)

To add further to the confusion I've had Infinity 1 for a good number of years now and I recontracted on November 20th to take advantage of a price freeze with a promise of speeds up to 76Mb which I'm now receiving.

****EDIT**** New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September

The "take our Infinity product" statement might apply to taking out Infinity for the 1st time or recontracting by upgrading to Infinity?

So this morning my router reset itself and shows these stats

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)

On BT Wholesale the further diagnostics show this

Test Result

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 55.65 Mbps

0 Mbps57.05 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 55.65 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-57.05 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 57.05 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 13.18 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 13.18Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Therefore I conclude that my line can realistically only manage in the region of 55-60Mbps and that when I initially get the higher speeds it is 'pushing' the line too hard so to speak which leads to router resets. My powerline adapters also suffered while the router was achieving the top speeds and are now working normally again since the speed has dropped back this morning. The powerlines had dropped from a normal 48Mbps (which they are back to this morning) to 11Mbps when I was getting speeds of 63+ on my router.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice and assistance. I've received a tiny boost to my speed overall (hardly worth the hassle really) and am now settled on that being the best I can expect.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 116 of 145

at least you got something out of the boost - others didn't get anything

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 117 of 145

Indeed @imjolly and at least I now know what my line can manage and can also see I'm almost maxing that out which can be no bad thing. There do seem to be a lot of people left very disappointed following a so called 'boost' which hasn't really gained them anything at all. Let's now hope this isn't used in future to push Infinity 2 price rises onto us all. Time will tell Smiley Wink

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 118 of 145

I also think this was badly managed and there are a lot of confused infinity 1 customers and a great many infinity 2 customers very unhappy with their 'boost' of increase in the rubbish cloud storage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 119 of 145

@MadRob wrote:

@gt94sss2I took the offer and also received the increased speed. I take the "take our Infinity product" part of that message to mean it applies to anyone who is taking Infinity for the 1st time whether it be a new BT customer or someone who is recontracting with an upgrade from 'ordinary' broadband to Infinity. As I've recontracted by taking up the offer in the email AND I've got the speed boost I can't see how it means anything different (unless they downgrade my speeds again).

Well, I have now taken up the bespoke offer so will see if that triggers the speed boost..

0 Ratings
raybh
Contributor
Message 120 of 145

I wish bt would let you know one way or the other, I look at my router stats everyday if not multiple times a day (sad I know) and my router recently reset after 25 days but I'm still on 10/55 Mbps although my noise margin is slowly increasing as is my max speed and yes I recently recontracted to keep my price the same after January and was offered download speed of up to 76 Mbps

0 Ratings