cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 121 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

I've been on at BT since I got the email back in October I think, some tell me I have already got the boost even though the router still says 55/10 other assure me it will be done by end of November, either way it wasn't done and I've left using the price increase clause to get out of my contract early.  I don't appreciate lies and BT are trained experts in that department as I've learned over my 4 years with them.

kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 122 of 145

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks for your continued patience while I investigated this and I apologise for the delay posting back.

I am able to add some clarification on this topic which is below:

Who's eligible?

We'll only upgrade existing Infinity1 customers who'll see a benefit in their speed. Some are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support.

Who's not eligible?

There's been some confusion around who'll be getting the speed boost. Many BT Infinity 1 customers will receive a Speed Boost but here are details of who’s not eligible:

>Customers who are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support, and who won't benefit from increased speed.

>New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September.

>Infinity2 customers who call in to downgrade their service to Infinity 52mbps.

I hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

Robbie

Can you please clarify the highlighted section? Do you need to have ordered by the 28th September, or is it connected by the 28th Sept? As according to the BT link below it said ordered, where as the text you have given I feel is a little more vague.
I got BT Infinity 1 quite recently. How do I get the speed upgrade?

If you ordered a 52Mb BT Infinity package before 28 September 2017, we'll uplift your speed if your line can support it.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 123 of 145

According to my smart hub my line can cope with the increased speeds, I have still not had the upgrade though even though the hub reset 5 days ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 124 of 145

You might be better off without it. Once again today my speeds have dropped below what I was achieving before this so called boost. What was once a rock solid speed is dropping below my old speeds day and daily with my ip profile also lowering as a result. I wish they had left my line alone.

Owenmeredith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 125 of 145

My boost happened about 3 days ago now and i've gone up from 55mb to 72/73mb. Pretty steady and stable for me! 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 126 of 145

@MadRob wrote:

You might be better off without it. Once again today my speeds have dropped below what I was achieving before this so called boost. What was once a rock solid speed is dropping below my old speeds day and daily with my ip profile also lowering as a result. I wish they had left my line alone.

Give G.Inp a chance to kick in.

0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 127 of 145

Well I'm happy I gave my notice to leave, seems they were telling me more lies about a speed upgrade. Before the end of November they said, I knew damn well by their tone I was getting palmed off.

MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 145

@licquorice wrote:

@MadRob wrote:

Give G.Inp a chance to kick in.

My TP-Link was rock solid before the boost so let's hope you are correct.

0 Ratings
xtotoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 145

I recontracted last week and was told my infinity 1 would get the speed boost.  I dont seem to be able to get it yet but is on the record what they offered... what would be the procedure to follow?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 130 of 145

You need not do anything.
0 Ratings