cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owenmeredith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

@dnpark38 I was told by BT that it goes on account age and not when your package was renewed etc. BT removed broadband from my account twice during their 9 weeks mess up, and it was activated the beginning of October thus I checked to make sure I would be getting it. Alas....
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 145

Where has the post dated 28th November at 18.41 gone? I got an email notification that @RobbieMac had added a post but when I click on the link I'm being told I've been Denied Access. Have I fallen foul of the mods or said something wrong to get blocked out?

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 145

Me too.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 145

The post was most likely removed again if you also got the same email. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Hatton920
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 145

Sorry meant to say currently 10 upload but can handle 17 upload. Not down.
0 Ratings
Message 106 of 145

Hi guys,

Thanks for your continued patience while I investigated this and I apologise for the delay posting back.

I am able to add some clarification on this topic which is below:

Who's eligible?

We'll only upgrade existing Infinity1 customers who'll see a benefit in their speed. Some are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support.

Who's not eligible?

There's been some confusion around who'll be getting the speed boost. Many BT Infinity 1 customers will receive a Speed Boost but here are details of who’s not eligible:

>Customers who are already receiving the maximum speed that their line can support, and who won't benefit from increased speed.

>New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September.

>Infinity2 customers who call in to downgrade their service to Infinity 52mbps.

I hope that clears things up.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 107 of 145

So forgive my ignorance Robbie but...

If you are / we’re a customer on Infinity 1 PRIOR to 28 Sep and you recontract as a result of the price rise scheduled for the 8th Jan you will NOT get the speed increase?

Even if you HAD seen a speed increase PRIOR to recontracting?
0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 145

@sps1013 wrote:
If you are / were a customer on Infinity 1 PRIOR to 28 Sep and you contracted as a result of the price rise scheduled for the 8th Jan you will NOT get the speed increase?

Even if you HAD seen a speed increase PRIOR to recontacting?

Seems simple to me if you got the speed increase when your contract is up if you do nothing the speed will stay and you go onto the then current rate.

If you make a new contract say to keep price down your speed will be will be appropriate for the product your offered and accept.

From what I see new contracts will be Infinity 1 and 2 still, not seen that there is now only one infinity which I think you are hoping.

I can see many customers will be getting upset with BT as well as those who are already feeling left out.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 109 of 145

Further to my own testing. Two days ago I set up the Hub 6. What a disaster that turned out to be. Yesterday I reinstated the TP-Link router which is now showing rock solid speeds of Downstream 63.98 & Up 18.32 with thesae stats

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)

To add further to the confusion I've had Infinity 1 for a good number of years now and I recontracted on November 20th to take advantage of a price freeze with a promise of speeds up to 76Mb which I'm now receiving.

****EDIT**** New or re-contracting customers who take our Infinity product after 28 September

The "take our Infinity product" statement might apply to taking out Infinity for the 1st time or recontracting by upgrading to Infinity?

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 110 of 145

@dnpark38

But it is not simple. There are yet more confusing statements designed to provide conclusive answers.

0 Ratings