cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 141 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

Is the average to be taken over the UK or within a specific area relative to the customer.

In order to get an average speed there has to be a top speed and a low speed. So will it now be that you must get the average or is it going to be as long as you are any where in between the top and bottom speed your are with in the average.

It is not going to make a jot of a difference to the service delivered, all it might do is allow the customer to realise more easily  how poor/good their service is compared to others.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 142 of 145

I should imagine it will be based on 50% of the national users which has to be better than the present 10% which skews the figures even more.

Plus the speed checker has to be included in ads so the potential customer can at least check first.

Not a perfect solution but much better than the present situation.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 143 of 145

When you go through sign up it already gives an estimate of what to expect in most companies.

As for the speed boost, it still seems to a bit hit and miss as to whether they upgrade you, it's not about whether your line will will take it, as most here already know it will go faster and have checked it. It would appear BT are just not honouring their promise of upgrading all those on infinity 1 whose line will take it.
Xup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 144 of 145

"As for the speed boost, it still seems to a bit hit and miss as to whether they upgrade you, it's not about whether your line will will take it, as most here already know it will go faster and have checked it. It would appear BT are just not honouring their promise of upgrading all those on infinity 1 whose line will take it."

This is the only reason I am moving to another provider, hate all the lies + CS is might as well be Bots for all the good they do.

Myself and a lot of other people are moving providers over this, sad thing is most were happy with the service.

Finally got the price increase notification yesterday so free to move on without charges :).

dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 145 of 145

Yep the exact reason I also left. I’ve never met a company who quite happily lead you down the garden path like bt. I would urge others to take the opportunity to leave now they can.