cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

Thanks @imjolly. I can now see that this 'boost' has the potential of being a bit of a damp squib for me if they raised it only to drop it back to the levels I was getting. Maybe it will go back up if the DLM settles as you point out. Thanks.

EDIT - one final question for you if I may, do you feel it would be best to leave my setup as is and not swap over the router for the smart hub?

FURTHER EDIT - hope you can stick with all these edits @imjolly. I've just been going over some of my previous stats for my router and noticed that on the two occasions I had the 63 speeds my noise margin was at 3.6 so I guess the potential for that speed boost again is very much alive. Fingers and toes crossed Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 145

your setup looks ok and working fine so I would not go rushing to use the HH6  my hh6 works without problems but others are not so lucky

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 145

Good to know. Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
adslmax
Contributor
Message 24 of 145

Sounds like DLM decided your connection was unstable with the faster speeds. A smarthub might make all the difference.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 25 of 145

@adslmax wrote:
Sounds like DLM decided your connection was unstable with the faster speeds. A smarthub might make all the difference.
Won't make any difference at all. Can't see how you assume it would.
0 Ratings
adslmax
Contributor
Message 26 of 145

Because the TP link has a lantiq chipset and the smarthub has the superior Broadcom chipset
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 145

@MadRob

as I said I wouldn't change at present for the HH6 - but your choice  remember you want a stable conenction not switching routers and then maybe have to switch back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 145

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @kkkk and thanks for posting.

I'm sure we can clear things up for you. Can you confirm if you're on Infinity 1 or 2? Can you try running the speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results?

Cheers

David

Hi David, I have posted all the info in the thread, I wonder if you could investigate please.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 145

Hi @kkkk

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 145

Hi, there is no link under your picture... only 'send me a private message' on the right...

0 Ratings