cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pototea
Message 1 of 7

Frequent Broadband Disconnects - BT Can't Find An Issue

Hi there,

For about a month I've been experiencing frequent disconnects (on wifi and ethernet) on my broadband. When using the landline I also intermittently hear a dial tone when speaking to another person part way through the call.

I've called tech support three times and the feedback I've got is there isn't issue - it's normal based on the distance from the exchange.

Since I've had BT broadband over 1 year and the problem has only occured in the past month, I don't believe is it due to distance from the exchange.

Here is the error log from my router.  Can anyone help with advice? Any other info I can post to help rsolve this?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Frequent Broadband Disconnects - BT Can't Find An Issue

have you tried using a filter in the test socket to see if that helps your conenction - this eliminates your internal wiring and faceplate from causing a problem

when in test socket with filter try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone  also check there is no dial tone at any extension socket whether in use or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pototea
Message 3 of 7

Hi, I'm already connected directly to the test socket with a filter (my husband did this when the broadband was first setup).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

ok  then try quiet line test and check your extension sockets if you have any

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pototea
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for coming back so quickly. Quiet line test is ok. There is no dial tone on other phones.

When I was on the phone to BT support a dial tone noise sounded during the call (which the lady could hear). This seems to be an intermittent issue. We barely use the landline so I am not sure how frequent that issue is. But her tests still came back as no issue identified.

What am I noticing is the frequent disconnect of broadband on ehternet and wifi connected devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

have you tried using a new filter?  you don't have anything conencted to phone line other than your phone extensions do you - maybe conencted to back of box

does your conenction drop if you make or receive a phoone call?

0 Ratings
pototea
Message 7 of 7

Thank you - I will try this now. I will post back if I continue to experience issues.

I have one telephone and the BT hub connceted to the micro filter. The hub then has a few ethernet cables coming off it to various devices in the house.

When I made the call to BT earlier, the call didn't drop. We both heard the dial tone suddenly sound during the call. I don't use my landline enough to confirm how frequently that happens.

0 Ratings