Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Frequent Broadband Drop Outs

Hi

I am posting in the hope that someone can help me. I have spent innumerable hours with the BT Support Line and Chat functions.

We have had persistent drop out of our broadband for a period of several months. This happens at least 4-5 times per day and can be up to 10-12 times on bad days. This started when we had a Hub5 and have upgraded to a Hub6 (Smart Hub) and the problem has persisted, or even deteriorated.

Yesterday we had an OpenReach engineer, who was very helpful, come out and he fixed an issue with the phone line and said he hoped it would fix the broadband issue. Alas it has not, it is as bad as ever.

In the 'Event Log' I see things like:

2018-09-28 15_17_26-Window.png

My technical info is:

2018-09-28 15_24_02-Window.png

Is there anyone who can help me? 

Thanks

Luke

Note: This is a repost after I accidentely posted in fibre instead of ADSL area.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Frequent Broadband Drop Outs

Is this affecting devices that are connected to the home hub using an Ethernet connection?

Do the lights on the home hub change colour when you get the disconnects?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

You have a fibre connection (FTTC), not an ADSL one, as ADSL cannot connect at that speed. I will move this back to the fibre board. Fibre to the cabinet is still classed as a fibre connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Yes the lights change. They run through their boot cycle and back to blue. It affects all devices, Wifi and Ethernet.

I just ran the 17070 test. There was crackling noise during the 'quiet test' but no other sound.

Sorry for delay in reply, my connection dropped out again mid post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@LukeFisher wrote:

Yes the lights change. They run through their boot cycle and back to blue. It affects all devices, Wifi and Ethernet.

I just ran the 17070 test. There was crackling noise during the 'quiet test' but no other sound.

Sorry for delay in reply, my connection dropped out again mid post.

It should be totally quiet, so you still have a fault on your landline.

You need to report it as a noisy phone line, not as a broadband fault. Once the noise is fixed, the broadband will stop disconnecting.

Reporting it as a noisy line, will make sure it ends up in the correct fault queue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Ok thanks. When I went to the track my faults on bt.com, it was already listed as a Landline issue and that it should be fixed. I have tried to update this to say it isn't but it just says 'Required Field' and won't save:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Hi @LukeFisher,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and help you get the service repaired. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Not sure about what its asking for. I would suggest live chat, but I suspect it would disconnect.

All I can suggest is that you call BT, on 151 or 0800 800 151 as the noise will be obvious to them as well. Mention the current fault number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks PaddyB, I have used the 'Contact the Mods' link in your profile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Hi @LukeFisher,

Thank you for sending in your details. I've picked up your case and I reopened the fault with Openreach. I'll get back in touch with you tomorrow as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings