cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Frequent Disconnect

I am getting frequent disconnects on my router. In the logs I have 46 of this type of entry over past 2 days alone.

Line 830: 11:47:13, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 915: 11:43:52, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 1016: 11:36:29, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 1068: 11:35:01, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 1164: 11:28:45, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 1231: 11:27:22, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
Line 1304: 11:25:36, 30 Jul. WAN connection WAN2_INTERNET_PTM disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]

The router goes through complete flashing orange back to blue every time.

Very little using link at the time. For most of the 29th July, there was no-one in the house at all, so no active use. I have 30+ entries when no-one at home. This is getting frustrating as it will sometime have multiple disconnects when using catch-up TV.

Complete log has been exported if required.

Firmware version: v0.27.06.04290-BT

Firmware updated:21-Jul-2021

No extensions cabling is in use.

System using Wi-Fi only Main PC is off line.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Frequent Disconnect

Check for noise on your line. 17070 option 2 best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

no corded phone available at the moment, but line sounds clear enough .

Spoken message is certainly clear enough.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

What does "clear enough" mean? It should be silent between announcements. You may get a dull hum with a cordless.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

there was some very low level noise and it was constant. Nothing that I would consider significant, I did have to listen hard to hear it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Using a cordless phone when doing quiet line test a dull hum is normal and anything else is a problem for broadband and needs to be reported to 151 as a line fault not broadband 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The disconnects are random and not in any pattern that I can see.

In the past 48 hrs, there have been 6 seperate disconnect events. Each event may consist of several retries before I get a stable connection.

It may be a couple of days between events or I may see several over a coulple of hours.

I used MyBT line test and used the 'not happy about results' and this has resulted in an engineer visit on Monday. No fault details were given.

I will get hime to do a quiet line test while he is here.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

rummaging through the logs and looking for how long this may have been happening. Sadly does not go as far back as I would like as I get a WAN Log limit reached.

As for noise, I see that the SNR Margins do have some variance.

Downstream runs from 1.8dB to 10.7dB, around 7dB seems to be and average, without extracting all the values and putting them into a spreadsheet it is impossible to be accurate.

Upstream covers 0dB to 6552dB, not sure I trust that value though.

Line 882: 11:45:59, 30 Jul. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=19999kbps, Up Rate=556kbps; SNR Margin Down=10.1dB, Up=0.0dB
Line 890: 11:45:12, 30 Jul. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=19999kbps, Up Rate=547kbps; SNR Margin Down=10.2dB, Up=6552.4dB

Tried the Quiet Line test when the link was down and it does not sound any different, but it could always be a spike I missed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hopefully engineer visit on Monday will solve the problem 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings