cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slipd
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Frequent Wired/Wireless drops on Infinity.

Go to solution

Hi guys,

As above, just got back from my elderly neighbours and they are getting very frequent connectivity drops on all of their devices... I was only there for around 20 minutes and my my phone, the wireless connection must have dropped around 6 times :smileysad:

The actual Inifity connection is as solid as a rock, showing an up time of 6 days but anything trying to connect to the hub seems to have the problem. Their main desktop PC is connected to the hub with a wire and that drops, only for a few seconds, and then reconnects - wierd. Long enough though for the network icon to display a break in connectivity in the system tray. - Windows 10.

They've have Inifity since the end of last year, regular BT DSL before that and they had no complaints. Since getting the latest Hub they've had issues with the constant dropping; breaks in Skype, interuptions to downloads and long pauses in streaming on all of their devices - smartphones, tablets and TV. They hads to return the last hub so no other kit to try.

Anything obvious I can try?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Frequent Wired/Wireless drops on Infinity.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Sounds like a faulty home hub, they need to ask for a replacement.

There was no need to send their old home hub back, as it only gets recycled.

Without another router to try, its going to be difficult to do anything else.

0 Ratings
slipd
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply! I did question about the old hub and they were definitely told to return the old one - a pre-paid envelope was sent etc.

Right, I'll let them know... is there a straightforword number to call or anything?

Thnaks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@slipd wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I did question about the old hub and they were definitely told to return the old one - a pre-paid envelope was sent etc.

Right, I'll let them know... is there a straightforword number to call or anything?

Thnaks.

BT have to offer to recycle old electronic equipment, but you do not have to send it to them.

Just ring the normal BT Broadband helpdesk 0800 111 4567.

0 Ratings