cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gladstone
Message 1 of 5

Frequent disconnects during rain - Chester Exchange (01244)

Hi there,

Hoping a mod can help with this as receiving no help over the phone.

We're on infinity 2 and have been since last summer. For the most part, the broadband is fantastic and we receive excellent speeds. However, each time it rains we're disconnected multiple times. It doesn't necessarily have to be raining near our house, but in the city.

I have phoned BT multiple times and explained the situation. They have run "line tests", which are useless because it only happens when it rains. Getting this simple fact through to those on the phone seems futile.

I managed to get a fault opened up, and tracking, last October. The fault was closed as 'resolved' 2 days later despite nothing having been resolved.

We need an engineer to look at this please. When it rains, something is going wrong either at the cabinet or the exchange itself.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Frequent disconnects during rain - Chester Exchange (01244)

Hi Gladstone

Welcome to the Forum.

Please send me an email using the contact the mods link, I can have this investigated for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
karlos103
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I had the same problem when it rained heavily ...had bt out 3 times and looks like issue has been fixed now ...they changed the drop wire as it was very old , prob 30 years and he said they were not designed for broadband ....been great since they change the line.

Hope this helps

Karl

0 Ratings
Corin
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem - BT Infinity disconnects when it rains and frequently isn't able to reconnect for hours afterwards. At all other times the connection is fantastic and I am really pleased with it; however, it's stopping me from working when it rains. I'm in Salisbury and would really appreciate some help with this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You need to phone BT 0800 111 4567 and report the fault to them. It will require an engineer out to check the line for a poor joint or junction box.

0 Ratings