cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Intermittent Internet Drop Out problems (continuing)

Go to solution

What does "no apparent line noise" mean? The line is either silent or not. If not then you need to report a noisy line on 151.

BTW BT does not have engineers, Openreach do.

Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

Putting my pedants hat on (along with my asbestos suit), both BT and Openreach have Engineers. However, the 'Engineer' that attends to faults in the field will in in fact be an Openreach technician (but they like to call themselves engineers).

Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

@pippincpwrote:

Putting my pedants hat on (along with my asbestos suit), both BT and Openreach have Engineers. However, the 'Engineer' that attends to faults in the field will in in fact be an Openreach technician (but they like to call themselves engineers).

🤣🤣🤣

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

The line has a very faint crackle on the line during the quiet line test.

Based on that as you have said; I should call 151 to report a noisy line and a BT/Openreach employee will attend to look into the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

That's correct @MrH20 .

Report this as a noisy line. Once that's sorted the broadband will sort itself out.

Cheers

David

Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

yes if faint crackle then report phone fault to 151 and get openreach engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for the help, I did the line test via 151 earlier and BT have identified an issue on the line and are sending someone out tomorrow to rectify.

Thanks for the help and will update on the resolution

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have given it a few days to check the issue has all been resolved but it appears that I now have a solid internet connection with no drop out issues.

The Openreach engineer/technician turned up on Thursday morning to check and could see the pattern of drop out occurring was random. The hub and internal socket were working fine, the issue was that one of the legs on the incoming cable from the street cabinet had come loose due to a corroded screw. 

The electricity meter had recently been replaced due to a supplier change and is close to where the BT cable comes into the property so the Openreach person reckons it was probably a case of the screw failing and the box possibly being knocked during meter install that contributed to the issue.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Happy to hear your issue is resolved.

0 Ratings