cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaaaaaamo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Friendly Mods - Help me get my Infinity back :-( IP Profile 40mb to 14mb following midnight retrain

Go to solution

Hi All,

Apologies for the essay, but hoping a friendly Mod can help me get my Profile back!!

I noticed that my modem / HH3 (supplied kit) re-synced shortly after midnight 3 days and 18 hours ago.  The IP address assigned was in a totally different range to previous but guess thats perhaps not unusual.  Prior to this my line has not re-trained since November on install.

What has upset me is that my IP profile according to the BT SPeedtester website has plummeted.

Phoning BT got me in a never ending circle of trying to explain why me being wireless or not made no difference, nor would rebooting my computer or re-installing my network card!! etc etc.

When I finally got through that my line profile was 14Mb and I was getting 14Mb she said "oh, well thats ok then, can I help you with anything else!" ahhhhhhh

I finally managed to get the problem through but she said it was impossible to reset the profile (not true clearly!), but would log a fault that will be resolved by 14th March.

Is there anyone here who can "flick the switch" so to speak or am I at the mercy of the frighteningly horrific tech support at the end of the phone?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
shaaaaaamo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Friendly Mods - Help me get my Infinity back :-( IP Profile 40mb to 14mb following midnight ret

Go to solution

Oh, just to add, on the speedtester it also now tells me I have additional services on my line and an assured rate service.

I dont have anything like Vision from BT - just the Infinity but this option has just appeared.

"Tech" support say its always been there and makes no difference which clearly it hasnt. 

😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Re: Friendly Mods - Help me get my Infinity back :-( IP Profile 40mb to 14mb following midnight ret

Go to solution

You will have to fill in a Mod contact form (see below).

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Turn it all off, boil the kettle and turn it all back on again.
0 Ratings
shaaaaaamo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@MrBelter wrote:
Turn it all off, boil the kettle and turn it all back on again.

I'm an IT manager and as much as thats the comedy response it does often work!!

Well i tried that last night before posting to no avail, yet this morning we're back in action.

(well, ive lost a Mb or so, so 35-36Mb throughput but Potato / Potato - doesnt really work when typed! :-))

Meh, good ole profiles eh!  At least they recover quicker than they used to in the 'olden' days!

Cheers All

0 Ratings