cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

From fibre 2 to Fibre 1 HELP!!

I’ve just Regraded from fibre 2 to a Fibre 1 package but still getting the exact same speeds as the fibre 2. I had fibre 1 with tv and that was clocking in at 38/40mbps down and 8mbps up when I first joined BT which was good but decided to upgrade to fibre 2 for faster speeds, however here is where the trouble started. Shortly after upgrading I kept getting constant dropouts my router would flash orange and then go blue and it did it at least 6 times a day after loads of openreach visits and line testing they saw I had Aluminium and not copper and it’s old so might not be able to handle faster speeds. They have capped my line to find the "sweet spot" which they did at 50meg down and 10up so they said to contact BT and get on a 50/10 circuit which they couldn’t do so I decided to downgrade to Fibre 1 then i got an email to say it’s at speeds of 57/73mbps down when it should be a MAX of 40mbps. Can anyone help?? I need slower speeds not fibre 2 speeds. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: From fibre 2 to Fibre 1 HELP!!

Fibre 1 is 55/10. The speed you get is the speed your line is capable of handling, if it doesn't, Openreach need to fix the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi, that’s what I thought in regards to fibre 1 however after speaking to BT the package that’s on their website which is 38/40meg down is wrong. I’ve got an email and my bt app shows 57/73mbps down which is the same speeds I was on for fibre 2 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

50EDD979-CF9C-4F01-A542-A91907141F54.png

 this is what it’s showing after downgrading. I can upload Hub stats if needs be too 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Fibre 1 package

Recently downgraded to fibre 1 from fibre 2 and the speeds are staying the same as before. I was hoping to go down to 40meg down and 10up but it stays at 57/73meg down and 18up which is fibre 2 speeds. 

Had my speed banded or capped by openreach as my line couldn’t handle faster speeds without constant dropouts (aluminium cable) my BT app showing fibre 1 package but fibre 2 speeds yet BT website as a new customer shows 40meg MAX on fibre 1. Is there anyway to get 40meg speeds and am I getting the fibre 2 speeds due to my speed or line being capped by openreach, if so do I need a profile reset to get fibre 1 package. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Re: Fibre 1 package

Please don't start multiple threads wit the same topic.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Sorry trying to get used to this forum, wasn’t to sure if to add a reply or start again as I didn’t mention about being capped or banded on my line. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

If you are really desperate to get slower speeds, just keep unplugging your router multiple times in a short space of time and DLM will intervene and cap your line.

However, it would be preferable to keep reporting problems with your line until Openreach fix the underlying fault.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I didn’t mention about needing a profile reset, sorry
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Openreach wont fix the problem as the problem is the cabling isn’t copper but aluminium and their motto is, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Apparently needs to be 65% broken before they replace with copper 

0 Ratings