cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
femina
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Fttc date 2 years overdue

I live in Brereton, postcode cw111rw. Line checker tells me that Holmes Chapel exchange just over 2km away is fibre enabled, and that fibre is available to the cabinet about 500 yards away.

We have had a date for infinity fttc being pushed back every 3 months for 2 years now. BT this is exceptionally poor service. Either you are going to install fttc to each of the homes in Brereton or you are not.

But stop giving us a date you know you are not going to fulfil every 3 months on the dot. The latest date you have given us is for June 30th. I am now in the process of forming a rural project group to apply pressure to both BT and the LA to discover the cause for these ridiculous delays and false promises.

Care to comment on your misleading dates?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
deathaxe
Expert
Message 2 of 26

Re: Fttc date 2 years overdue

This is a customer help forum and the only BT employees that come on are the forum moderators.

You could PM the moderators to see why your cabinet has been delayed though, although the cabinet comissioning is done by Openreach not BT Retail.

Although there are lot of reasons why a cabinet gets delayed, which include planning, power and all sorts.

I have read one cabinet was pulled as the power company wouldn't run a line that long to supply it and in Rchmond, the council threw out all the planning permission and BT went and did another area while waiting for Rchmond to pass the planning then they will be put back into the queue.

0 Ratings
femina
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

Well thats pretty wonderful considering there is no way to contact BT openreach through either their website, as new users have to be companies, with openreach or BT affiliation or press/analysts, and there is no contact email for the public or telephone number.

As I buy my product from BT retail and on bt wholesale checker is where the date keeps constantly being delayed is why I am posting here.

Hopefully one of the BT moderators will decide to try and answer a simple question of why this is happening.

Contacting BT on the number given by the Broadband Rural site which is 0800 800 150 gives you customer help who inform you that in Dundee half of them have a similar problem and the customer service representive lives in that half. She also mentioned about Openreach being responsible but had no customer-facing to be able to supply me, with a contact email or telephone number.

As long as Openreach are going to be shielded from the public by BT then people like me will come to BT forums like this looking for answers. The best way you experts and aspiring experts could handle this is to get the BT moderators to pressure Openreach to open themselves to contact and stop hiding behind their mothers skirts

I didn't have the heart to tell the customer care representative to ring her own number then to demand an answer. But she then managed to get hold of a manager who will try to contact Openreach and find out why the continuous delays.

Watchout for the next exciting instalment on FTTC delays.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

open reach is a BT owned company they operate totally independent company under rule's laid down by OFCOM
to provide an equal service to all service providers BT Retail your provider get the same information and service as do any other phone or internet provider
As you have already been informed there are many reasons for delays and in fact openreach provide a site were you can get current information and here is the link
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
which may help you
0 Ratings
philt1808
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 26

We're not from you in Goostrey and got the FTTC in February after quite a few delays.  The original cabinets were installed in early August last year though the date had been moved back 3 times before that.  Is there any sign of work at all? 

Phil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PhillipsonR
Beginner
Message 6 of 26

I was just about to describe the repeted delays in Brereton when I found this thread.  I also live in Brereton, and am totally disgusted with the repeated showing of an order date that then gets moved forward 3 monts . I renewed my contract with BT on the basis that Infinity would be aailable in the near future, and this has not happened. I wonder if this behaviour could be described as "Deception" ?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 26

i think openreach are as keen as you are to get it going
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

As just posted I am sure Openreach want the service up and running as well as do BT Retail want its customers on the service as well BT Retail your provider have no control over when the service goes live they are like very other ISP just a customer for the fibre service
However there are many reasons for delays that have been posted here before
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 26

It's been said here many times before, but it bears repeating ; the issue is NOT the delays caused by council planning depts, power companies and so on, all of these are totally beyond Openreach's control and must be every bit as frustrating for them as they are for potential customers.  The issue is the publication of these placeholder dates, which those same potential customers ( I was one such ! ) tend to see as targets - or even committments - until/unless we find our way to this site and discover what they really mean.  

It's not deception or false advertising, at most you could say that it's bad PR - but it IS the problem.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 26

what would you rather have?
a placeholder date?
or no date at all?

or what?

0 Ratings