cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Fttp upload speed

Hi,

just increased to the 900meg package from the 150, primarily to get the upload speed up to somewhere near 100meg as I do a lot of uploading of data back to the office.  Came down this morning and the speed seemed to have updated to around 300 meg so I did a factory reset on the router and am now getting pretty much the download speed I requested - laptop into the back of the smart hub 2 and I get over 800 meg download. Upload though...... it was sitting steadfastly at 30mb then after half an hour and me reloading my saved config (I change the access point name and password to my old one so I don’t need to go round connecting Alexa devices again) it has jumped up to around 60Mb, is this the max I can realistically expect or do you think over the coming hours/days it will creep up?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Fttp upload speed

Just got through to the fibre team and got the old ‘it’s above 10mb so nothing we can do’ response.  If this is the case I’m better dropping back to the 150 or 300 mb service as the bt guy checked and said he could see about 30mb upload from his end and that was about all I would get.... surely this is not correct, surely I can expect somewhere close to the 110meg upload speed I’m paying for? Would be interested to hear from any BT mods on here what they think... it seems to be something is stuck/capped at 50mb upload ( is this not the upload speed for the 300mb service, which was what I was getting till I did the factory reboot)?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Hi @Blinky2134 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with your connection speeds. Can you try running the speed test and post the results/

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Sure, no problem, just ran it:

ping 10mS

Download 942.31 Mbps

upload 52.57 Mbps

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Thanks for that @Blinky2134.

Can you send us over your details so we can take a look at this for you? I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Thanks David, have just replied back to your PM

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Just to close this off, got a call earlier from one of the community team, had to say call back after 1 as I was in a call with work but..... he said he thought it was sorted. Just ran a speed test from my iPad and I’m now getting over 100mb upload so it’s looking like it’s fixed, will double check with my laptop and 1gb cable tonight but I’m feeling a lot happier!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Thanks for getting back and letting us know @Blinky2134.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

@DavidM  Can you raise this again for me please?  I had to get everything reset tonight as Im still not getting BT UHD Sport after 3 weeks of trying.  Tonight they have basically cancelled and reordered my package and now as well as no UHD Sport I'm back to being locked to 50mbit upload.

0 Ratings