cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Full Fibre 100/300

Hello.

Currently I am with VM and just got an email to say my broadband package is going up to £50, so I am more than likely going to leave them and switch to BT broadband.

I am kind of confused though, I only have VM fibre optic cables layed in my street. According to BT I can get Full Fibre 100/300 with speeds up to 300MB.

My question is, how can I get those speeds through a phone line? 

Is VM sharing their fibre optic cables now or something?

I thought it was only possible to get speeds up to 76MB through a phone line.

Can someone explain please... thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full Fibre 100/300

@C2419 

Welcome to this user forum.

There is no sharing of fibre, the VM network is totally separate and  is a mixture of co-axial cable/copper pair, and fibre.

BT Retail would be using the fibre optical network provided by Openreach, and that is totally separate. The 100/300 is delivered over fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Could be you are getting Gfast , which isn’t a full fibre option, but is capable of delivering 300Mb in certain cases, it’s like FTTC in that distance is key, the further you are from the Gfast equipment the slower the speed ( it’s rate adaptive like FTTC/ADSL), if that’s the case AFAIK, you get a visit because it’s not self install, but it’s not FTTP, so no new ‘cable’ to your home, but I wouldn’t have thought they would call it ‘full fibre’ , if you put your address into this checker what is returned ( post result )

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Fibre 100/300 - G.Fast

Full Fibre 100/300 - FTTP

0 Ratings