cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Full Fibre 100 BT halo 1

I have just signed upto the BT Halo 1 and on completing the order, I have been informed that I need an engineer to attend my premises. Not really sure why and there was no information in the order as to why. Don't suppose anyone knows why? I thought it was plug-in and go...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full Fibre 100 BT halo 1

Not if you are moving to full fibre (FTTP) the engineer needs to provide a fibre cable and ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

G.Fast is still an engineer install.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Speaking from experience, make sure you have the right master socket installed to get this service that your hub is plugged into. I had BT Fibre before but an older style socket. The instructions in the Smart hub 2 box infer they are suitable but they are not for all fibre services.  Mine was not compatible with this service due to the filters in it not being suitable.

An Openreach engineer set me up with the service and tested at the cabinet and it worked for 30mins before breaking and it failing repeatedly. It took me a month to get an Openreach engineer back to diagnose and they fitted a Master Socket 5C which has resolved the connection problem but I do still have other speed related issues which I've posted about on here.

I'd hate anybody else have to go through this pain. Trying to work from home over a 4G mini hub BT gave me until they could visit was painful. Not sure if they are actually allowed to go in houses yet. My socket was right by the front door and the engineer had PPE.

0 Ratings