cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Full Fibre 500 - What are your average up and down speeds like?

Go to solution
Surely that’s more to do with your network infrastructure than your broadband speed unless you’re accessing your cameras remotely?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

@spile 

Yes, that's why I mentioned the number of competing devices on my home network, & yes, all 17 cameras are accessed remotely as they're all cloud-based.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not concerned about speed test results, other than the entertainment value of looking at them, all that concerns me is how all my devices function. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
@caravanj I hard wire everything I can, only mobile, lights, door bell etc.  wifi for obv reasons. Just downloaded one of the usual suspect test apps for a mobile phone and getting 400 give or take. My wifi neighbourhood is congested if I turn on the desk top wifi and have a "sniff" (Apple has a handy diagnostic tool for this, channel conflicts etc.).

But looking at what you say on your number of wifi connected devices, I have a fraction. Though not familiar with the bandwidth they need, and when etc. My Hue hub is using 3 parts of sod all for example.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies.

After monitoring the speeds for the last few days I am relieved to find that all is now good. Down average is between 460Mb and 500Mb, with up being 70+Mb.

I would say the system just took a couple of days to find a reliable speed to my property.

All is fine now, with speeds i am very happy with.

0 Ratings