cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Full Fibre 500 & Smart Hub 2 - Slow Download Speeds

Hello, I recently upgraded from Fibre 100 to Fibre 500 and the download speeds I’ve averaged are underwhelming. 
On Fibre 100 I averaged 130-150Mbps but with Fibre 500 it’s about 160Mbps-200Mbps, rarely has it ever hit 300Mbps.

I was wondering what other speeds people are seeing with Fibre 500 and Smart Hub 2? Thanks in advance. 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Full Fibre 500 & Smart Hub 2 - Slow Download Speeds

What speeds do you get using fast.com or 

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Seeing a lot of inconsistencies 150-300Mbps on both.  Even standing right beside the hub I’m only getting 350Mbps with the occasionally jump to 400Mbps. 

But I think the main issue is the Wi-Fi signal. I live in a small bungalow and the hub is almost central in the hallway but there’s a huge drop off in speed even moving a few steps. This is using Wi-Fi 5 devices that are connected to the 5Ghz band. BT are sending a new Smart Hub 2 as part of the upgrade but I don’t think it will make a huge difference. I might look at 3rd party routers. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi. Did you get to the bottom of this?

I've had FF 500 for just over a year and recently - the last few weeks - my download speed is about 35 instead of 500. Upload is about 83 which I think it always has been, so I'm not concerned about that. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

i get high 200s , low 300s with a wired connection....once in a blue moon at 4am in the morning i got in the 400s.

prime time i go down to 250.....wired.

i upgraded to 900, and like you speeds hardly went up so downgraded again..

I dont know if the router is the issue, because i know someone who is with the other lot, not openreach

and he gets 900 up and down on his 900 package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I get 78.5 upload and 92.63 download!

Hardly much faster than my old 40 mbps FTC which I upgraded. Download about 2x speed, upload, granted is nearly 10x faster.

Not happy sold a pig.
(not to mention the lack of the increase in number of AV licences which the sales lady promised)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

What results do you get using the "Test My Speed" option (see the More menu) in the MyBT app?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

You HAVE to used a wired connection not Wi-Fi to get speeds approaching 500mbs

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@spile 

Not if you use the speed test option in the MyBT app as it measures the speed to the hub, not to the device you are using to test

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

I was referring to actual end speeds not the test.
0 Ratings