cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Full Fibre 500 never getting 500mbps (wired or wireless), high ping, frequent lag spikes

So I have moved from Talktalk 125mbps g.fast broadband to BTs Full Fibre 500. I have never gotten speeds of 500. The most I have gotten was 350, wired, to my gaming laptop with no other devices connected to the router. We do a lot of gaming and streaming in the household and so far we have had a very unpleasant experience. We get frequent dropouts, high latency and ping to the point we are disconnected from live games. We never had the same experience with TalkTalk. I have bought another router (TP Link Archer AX73) to see if it was the router but that manages the same. The stay fast guarantee states I should be getting 425 at least but I have never ever gotten this.

Please note that this is not the broadband purchasers account. If I need to post from their account for some reason I will do so.

Also, I think that my plan was a gaming package as I got the 6 months Xbox cloud with it. WiFi definitely not suitable for gaming 🤣🤣

Thanks for your time 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Full Fibre 500 never getting 500mbps (wired or wireless), high ping, frequent lag spikes

The speed guarantee is the connection speed at the router/hub and not download speed at your device

What do you get if you run. Fast.com with ethernet cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Full Fibre 500 never getting 500mbps (wired or wireless), high ping, frequent lag spikes

I get about 350mbps wired on fast.com to my gaming laptop

0 Ratings