cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Full Fibre 900 2nd Stage Installation

Go to solution

Can anyone tell me whether the engineer who is coming on Friday to carry out the second stage installation is able to install the external CSP as well as the internal ONT and router?

The ground works to tunnel the fibre to my house have been completed and I now have a capped conduit nestling against my external wall with a length of blue cord sticking out.  However I was rather expecting that the CSP would also be installed before the second stage installation but that has not happened. 

I am getting conflicting messages from BT.  The My BT app says that external work has been completed, but an email from BT about the second stage appointment says that someone will do some external work 7 days before, and I’m not sure whether this refers to the already completed underground work or the installation of the CSP.  

I am confused and concerned that in two days time an engineer will turn up and say he can’t complete the installation because there is no CSP.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full Fibre 900 2nd Stage Installation

Go to solution

The engineer should be able to complete the install.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The Step 1 Tasks on Connectorised FTTP are different to what the Step 1 on Blown Fibre is, or was.

All they really have to do on a Step 1 for Connectorised FTTP is rod and rope it. Some Engineers will pull the cable through and fit a CSP to make the installers life a bit easier but then some don’t and will do just what is required of them and leave it up to the Installer to pull in the cable and fit the CSP.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Starwire. That’s good to know, and answers my question. 

0 Ratings