cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Full Fibre 900 Speeds all over the Place .

Hi Guys, 

Had Fibre 900 fer a few Months now but Finding it increasingly erratic ... Using Ookla  to Test & Fast.com 

Each are all over the place

Test first time get 345Mbps.....

Test Second time 533Mbps..

Test a Third time 399Mbps...

Plus, using Ookla which Server do you Pick ??  the VERY nearest one to Me is 44 Miles away (TNP Ltd) or (Exascale Ltd)

Using "Fast"...Best I have EVER got out of "fast" is 

440Mbps (Test One)

540Mbps (Test Two) 

& can Someone tell me what the Figures are showing up in the Bottom Bar of the "Fast Test Screen" 

"settings" is a "Given"  but what are the other Numbers ?? I have a Feeling they are what my Connection is "Capable of"  Correct ??????????????  

960MB 120MB 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full Fibre 900 Speeds all over the Place .

are you using Ethernet connection or wireless?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Sorry I meant to put that. Ethernet Cat 7e cable direct to router 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@TheSeasider 

I am on the same BT 900 / 110Mbps package as you (using my own Asus Router) and get these results which I'm sure isn't just correct.

Fast.com.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Busterboy1
I can't get anywhere close to that even your latency is only 2 SECONDS!!!! Mines way off at 13 or 14 seconds. Its just crazy this 900 fibre. I'm too am using my own router (TP-Link Archer C7). On my old BT SH2 I was getting lower (a lot lower). than the C7. The speed just bounces all over & if you use Ookla you get so many different servers to try & EVERY SINGLE ONE comes back with a different speed.
My brain hurts just trying to think about it
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@TheSeasider 

I can't get anywhere close to that even your latency is only 2 SECONDS!!!! Mines way off at 13 or 14 seconds.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Mine can vary depending on what server is chosen, I have had Latency as high as 16 - 18 before now.

I do find the Ookla varying speeds also and changing server does return different results.

FTTP 1st Test.jpg

Latency to London 200 miles away.

London.jpg

Higher Latency readings to other servers.

Latency.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings