cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full Fibre 900 with UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDMP)

Go to solution

Hi all.

Hope all are keeping safe.

I was wandering if i could get some help. Looking at ordering a Full Fibre 900 Connection but would like to install this with the UniFi Dream Machine Pro. Is this possible and has anyone completed this. Is it as straight forward as connecting the BT line straight into the UDMP? No other equipment needed. I understand that there will be a "bit" of configuration involved. I'm interested to see if i need to order any other kit. The second question is that I already have an existing broadband connection. Can I utilise both connections with the UDMP?   

(I want to utilise the UDMP due to IPS and I already have the Unify AP's. I don't want to sacrifice the bandwidth by enabling this service.)

Thanks in advance. 

Ryan.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full Fibre 900 with UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDMP)

Go to solution
Given the type of equipment you are referring to it might be better to try the business forum. https://business.forums.bt.com/
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hello @poqxpoq 

I had my BT Full Fibre 900 installed last Friday.

I don’t have the UniFi Dream Machine Pro, but I’m using the UniFi USG Pro with multiple UniFi AC Pros on the network. The connection’s been working like a charm!

You’ll have no connectivity issues. The setup is simple - the Openreach Engineer will come in and install the Fibre Cables, and the Openreach Modem. All you have to do is plug that in to the WAN Port of your UDMP. And set the following details for the PPPoE connection on the Controller:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
bt

You will be able to utilise your second WAN connection as well without any issues. You can set the Load Balancer on the connection as a split or Failover only mode. I’ve set mine to Failover.

Cheers
JS

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

thanks for letting me know. what speeds are you getting downloads/uploads?

Rgds

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Not a problem at all!

So, my setup is as follows:

Openreach ONT Modem > USG Pro 4 > UniFi Switch > Multiple Access Points.

When plugging in the MacBook directly to the ONT Modem and configuring the POE on the MacBook, I saw speeds as follow:

• Fast.com: 1 Gbps (D) and 120 Mbps (U)
  • Speedtest.net: 880 Mbps - 910 Mbps and 110 Mbps -120 Mbps (U)

When plugging in the MacBook to the UniFi Switch via an Ethernet Cable, I saw speeds as follow (with IPS/IDS Disabled and Hardware Offloading Enabled on the USG):

• Fast.com: 950 Mbps - 1 Gbps (D) and 120 Mbps (U)
  • Speedtest.net: 850 Mbps - 890 Mbps and 110 Mbps -120 Mbps (U)

When plugging in the MacBook to the UniFi Switch via an Ethernet Cable, I saw speeds as follow (with IPS/IDS Enabled and Hardware Offloading Disabled on the USG):

• Speedtest.net: 350 Mbps - 450 Mbps and 110 Mbps (U)

When plugging in the MacBook to the Access Point over WiFi, I saw speeds as follow (with IPS/IDS Disabled and Hardware Offloading Enabled on the USG):

• Speedtest.net: 220 - 240 Mbps and 110 Mbps Mbps (U)

When plugging in the MacBook to the Access Point over WiFi, I saw speeds as follow (with IPS/IDS Enabled and Hardware Offloading Disabled on the USG):

• Speedtest.net: 170 - 190 Mbps and 110 Mbps Mbps (U)

I hope that helps!

Cheers
JS

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I have just signed up for the 900 package and have a UDM. Why should IPS and IDS slow things down? I thought it was not supposed to do that!

Any problems with IPV6 or VLAN tagging? Is the dynamic IP address an issue with the controller?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Also traffic shaping is on by default I think which slows down via QOS so need to disable this.

0 Ratings