cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre Broadband installation

Go to solution

I would like to know in detail how a new fibre cable might be installed to my property. I have a concrete drive, will it be dug up?

Also, I am about to purchase a new front door. To avoid a hole being drilled through it to get to my hallway should I install a small pipe to facilitate access once fibre is available in my area? Or will fibre cable be drilled through the house wall?

Thanks. JeremyC.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre Broadband installation

Go to solution

How does your phone line come in? If overhead then fibre will most likely be overhead. If underground existing duch will be used.

Doors, door and window frames are not drilled for access, the wall is.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

My current phone line comes in underground, below my concrete drive. I assume therefore that the BT installer will be digging up my drive to run in a fibre cable, is that correct?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Jeremywifi wrote:

My current phone line comes in underground, below my concrete drive. I assume therefore that the BT installer will be digging up my drive to run in a fibre cable, is that correct?

It will be Openreach not BT Retail.

I doubt very much they will dig up a concrete drive. More likely they will attempt to pass the cable down the existing route, even if it means removing the current copper cable, or using that to pull the fibre cable through.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
ok, many thanks.

This link was also useful https://vimeo.com/384494767
0 Ratings