cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Full Fibre Construction?

My current broadband is Fibre to the Cabinet that runs underground to the road and then to the cabinet. If I upgrade to full fibre does anyone know how this would be achieved and would my garden have to be dug up to put the fibre in? (I live in the countryside a few metres from the road and there is no overhead phone cables connected to my house.)

Thanks 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Full Fibre Construction?

I assume that your current copper line is underground to your house? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@Devon_Dave  Yes correct🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

If your copper line is in ducting and there is room in the duct, that will be utilised. If your copper line is directly buried, then clearly a trench will need to be dug to lay the duct for the fibre.

Message 5 of 14

The copper to your home may be running in a duct (possibly a 2 inch diameter tube).

This depends on the age of your property. You may see the end of this duct were it enters your external connection box at the house.
If so then a drawstring (rope) can be inserted from to the pavement distribution box. (They push a fine wire through. ) Then the fibre can be drawn in.

Message 6 of 14

Does anyone also know if digging was required would this be free and would BT/Openreach be responsible for patching everything up again i.e. tarmac

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

@mrdaveyy wrote:

Does anyone also know if digging was required would this be free and would BT/Openreach be responsible for patching everything up again i.e. tarmac

Nothing to do with BT Retail, that would be down to Openreach to decide.

Message 8 of 14

Finally, I have no visible connection box on the outside of my house that I can see. Is there any way I could find out if there is a duct/tube or could the box be anywhere else? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@mrdaveyy wrote:

Finally, I have no visible connection box on the outside of my house that I can see. Is there any way I could find out if there is a duct/tube or could the box be anywhere else? 

Apart from looking for yourself, there is no other way, as Openreach would hold the line plant records, and will not tell you.

Message 10 of 14

You may need more investigation, with Openreach. Also check your internal connections. Where is you telephone socket? There must be a telephone connection somewhere. Although it does appear that it's run underfloor, which may be bad news.

You don't want 'em digging up your drive, unless it's desperate.