cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Full Fibre Construction?

Depends of course where you are, for instance in NI the duct is laid to inside the house with many buildings. In that case they dig down net to the front wall to reveal and access the duct.

The easiest way is to place an order, if needed (as it sounds) a survey would be done after which you then decide if to go ahead.

Message 12 of 14

Thanks so much, I am in NI so that may be the setup for my house! 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Thought that might be the case.  The majority of ducts in rural NI do terminate inside the  house but not all.

Please keep us updated.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hi everyone, so I finally placed an order for full fibre to my house after all this time. So I will find out for sure what my setup is on Friday, I found the duct with my telephone line in the electric cabinet in my garage. However, my dad thinks that the copper line does not have ducting all the way to the road which may pose a problem if that is the case.

Also the royal mail strikes have delayed my new Smart Hub 2 and this may not be here on time which may cause more problems? 

I'm also wondering if I can have the new modem installed on an internal wall and how that would be achieved if they have to drill an external wall. Also, the cable coming in via my garage. Will they be able to drill into my garage wall to get it into the house?

0 Ratings