cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full Fibre Install Question

Thinking about a future FTTP install and cable + ONT placement, and wondering if they would be able to enter the fibre cable through the existing copper cable hole (maybe making it slightly bigger), to go inside the master socket, and out of the bottom left hand hole (same size as one seen in photo).  Then into the ONT - hopefully mounted left of the master socket (looks enough room for the newer smaller type).  I have no idea how thick/thin or flexible the fibre cable is.

P1030964

P1030963

Do you think this will be possible?.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full Fibre Install Question

Technically possible but the hole would need to be widened to at least 20mm to get both cables in.

Personally I wouldn’t do it but some other Engineers who don’t care for quality might do it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Ah right, that sounds a bit off putting if I'm honest.  Want it to look as neat as possible with it being outside the front door, but that would be one big hole.   Now if I could have voice over fibre and get rid of the copper cable....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The position of your mater socket has no bearing on where the ONT may be situated.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The dual copper/fibre cable that was fitted to my premises was only a little thicker than the twin copper cable and easily fitted the existing hole.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Spile.  Mine would be coming from the pole so would they likely replace the old copper cable with this dual cable too?.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

You would’ve had a FFC fitted on your FTTP. Openreach have stopped using them as they have a high failure rate of 25% so they’ve reverted back to using an EZ Bend Fibre Cable that’s about 8mm thick. 

0 Ratings