cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre Installation

Hoping someone can clarify something for me. I have a BT engineer coming tomorrow (Nov 10) for full fibre, I also have an Openreach appointment for fibre installation Nov 16. What I can’t find is info on do I need to be at home for the Openreach appointment and what will the BT engineer do if Openreach haven’t done their part of the upgrade? 
Apologies for the daft question, can’t find the answers anywhere. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre Installation

Hi, @Viper19 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. BT don't send engineers to install the fibre line as it's all done by Openreach. Are you getting separate notifications from BT and Openreach with different appointment dates?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

BT don't have engineers, they use Qube who can only check equipment and wiring in the home. Only Openreach engineers will install your FTTP and make sure it's up and running.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply and clarification on who does what. And yes BT have emailed saying I have an appointment  10 Nov, and Openreach have messaged with an appointment on the 16 Nov. Both during the same time slot.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi, @Viper19 I'm really sorry for the confusion caused by this. Have you been advised by Openreach that there has been a delay with the order?

It's possible your fibre connection has to be done by Openreach in two stages and normally you'd only have to be in for the second visit but I would recommend getting in touch with the connections team on  0800 783 1401 to find out if you need to be in tomorrow.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings