cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Full Fibre - No Connection since Install (yesterday)

Hello, hoping one of you Gurus is able to help.

Booked a Full Fibre upgrade a month ago and waited excitedly for yesterday's  install date.

Openreach Engineer arrived on schedule, but after 4 hours left me with a disconnected Copper DSL and a non-functioning Fibre connection - as in no internet connection at all. Said it was a syncing issue with the indoor Fibre Hub (0NT?) which is showing 3 green lights - but the middle one, marked PON, is flashing. Told me he'd contacted the Network Admin Team (?) in India who said the system didn't recognise the 0NT Hub's Serial Number, and they were working on it - hopefully sorted in a couple of hours.

Router glowing solid Orange - so no internet connection.

Situation just the same this morning - flashing green PON, and solid Orange on Router - with nothing on the old copper DSL broadband line.

Have tried contacting the FTTP Team on 0800 587 4787 but get through to folk who are helpful, but not part of the Fibre Connection Team - and therefore unable to help.

BT have just advised me that an Openreach Engineer will attend within 48 hours - that will mean 72 hours without an internet connection. 

Help! 

Anything I can do to get this sorted??

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Full Fibre - No Connection since Install (yesterday)

Keep calling the FTTP Team on 0800 587 4787 until you get through to them. If they are busy you get redirected to the "Normal" Customer Service who do not necessarily have the ability to help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks DS - how will I know when I've got through to them?
Each time I phone, the call goes straight to number options, 1 for Home Phone & Broadband, 2 for BT Sport and so on.
And when I choose 1, I get a new set of options, 1 for Track an Order, 2 for problems with set up, and so on.
When I choose 2, I'm told to wait for a Text message and answer this - eventually I'm put through to a Guide. But these Guides are not from the HTTP Team, and don't seem able to help in any way, other than read out to me what's been logged against my Order #.
I've done this 6 times in the last 12 hours and it's very frustrating.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this it??
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Unfortunately that is it!. You just need to keep trying as the FTTP Team are the ones most likely able to help.

If you get put through to the CS you could try asking if they can transfer you to the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Thanks DS - I tried that with 4 of the Guides I spoke to, but they claimed not to know who the FTTP Team is, and they themselves were unable to help!
Rock and a Hard Place!!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@Dushane 

Oh dear, we swap over to FTTP at the end of the month so I hope we don't have this problem, but as with most things there'll always be to odd ones that fail out of the box & you've been unlucky.

However, I am surprised at the time it's going to take to sort it which certainly shouldn't happen.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Thanks DS
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hello DS
- FTTP situation remains as per yesterday's comms.
Haven't heard back from the Mods.
Please would you give them a nudge.
Cheers, D
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Flashing PON light signifies the ONT is receiving a light source at a sufficient ‘level’ for the ONT to ‘connect’ but the OLT ( headend equipment ) wont authenticated it ,  it’s like you trying to get into an exclusive club and the bouncer is saying ‘your name isn’t in the list so you ain’t coming in’ , the solution is ( obviously ) to get your name added to the list , continuing this ( admittedly poor ) analogy, your name is on a bouncers list but it’s a club further along the street  , not the one you want to enter , basically your ONT isn’t appearing on the correct bouncers list , 

The ‘tiger team’ should have ‘auto discovered’ your ONT serial number and be in the process of changing the headend data , so the actual headend port you are physically connected to ( rather than the one you were expected to appear at ) will accept your ONT serial number ( in the analogy removing your name from the wrong bouncers list and putting it onto the list of the correct bouncer , the one that’s barring your entry to the club to the one you want to be in  ).

This shouldn’t  need any extra visits to your home ( unless the ONT is faulty ) and the Tiger Team  are targeted to resolve these problems within 24hrs , unfortunately that doesn’t seem to have happened in your case , you could potentially have an issue if the vendor is wrong ( basically something like trying to get a Nokia ONT onto an Adtran OLT ) but AFAIK all manufacturers that OR use should all ‘talk’ ( be compatible) with each other , so hopefully it’s not that , the installation instructions give the headend  manufacturer to the engineer anyway.

0 Ratings