cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Full Fibre - Old Copper Line?

I'm about to order full fibre, does the old Copper line remain in place for Telephone, or is it expected to be migrated to Digital Voice (and therefore need to connect to Smart Hub 2)?

I wont be using the Smart Hub, so need to confirm what happens with the phone line.  Cant seem to get clarification anywhere.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Full Fibre - Old Copper Line?

It depends on area. The PSDN service (copper phoneline) is being wound down. They will tell you when you order via the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

My FTTP installation is at 8.00am in the morning.

I'll tell you then.👍

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

My twin copper was replaced with a dual fibre/copper combination cable.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

The twin fibre/copper cable is no longer used, there is no point as the copper service is being withdrawn by 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Engineer is fitting twin fibre / copper to mine as I type this  @pippincp 

I asked him not 2 minutes go. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Even when the PSTN network is switched off, there may still be occasions where a physical copper path is needed, so I suppose its future proofing, even if its just a single pair.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

I suspect it is just using up old stock rather than anything deliberate.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

@licquorice @Keith_Beddoe 

He just told me new stock in his van this morning from the stores. 😋

Copper.jpgDouble cable.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

But old stock in the stores. 😀