cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre connection and Full Fibre Ltd

I have watched Full Fibre Ltd dig up my road for months now and they have given me a leaflet to say full fibre internet connection can be made directly into my home. I just called BT and asked them to upgrade my broadband and BTTV to full fibre into the home and they say it is not available and cannot give me a date !!!!

So in order to use BT TV I have to wait till Openreach dig up the road again and install their own full fibre connection to my home ?  This is crazy !!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre connection and Full Fibre Ltd

Its called open market competition.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Why is it crazy, Full Fibre ltd are under no obligation to sell Wholesale Services to other ISP’s.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That  Alt Nets business model is actually is as a wholesaler to ISP’s , but the ISP currently available are pretty small/niche providers, no ‘mass market’ ones , but as stated it’s not crazy , and BT are hardly likely to use anyone other than Openreach as their network provider, so the OP choice is ( apart from having service from two networks) is to stay with what they have until OR provide FTTP or move to this Alt Net using an ISP that uses that network .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I cannot think of anything that BT TV has which is not available online through an AltNet or any other ISP. I fail to see why it is a holdout for Openreach to supply FTTP.

0 Ratings