cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Full fibre 900 - Slow upstream

The downstream speeds have been great, frequently going over 900mbps but I can't seem to get much more than 20mbps upstream. Both with the BT hub and my own ubiquiti edgerouter.

I raised a complaint but as the speed is over the minimum of 10mbps up they won't do anything further.

Anyone got any idea or experienced similar upstream issues with FTTP services?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Full fibre 900 - Slow upstream

If it’s happening with both routers  I’d try power cycling the ONT by turning it off for at least 5 minutes if not already. I assume it’s a wired connection you’re testing as the download speeds are good. Make sure the Smarthub is on firmware V17 (I know you’ve said it happens with the edge router too but it will hopefully stop the FTTP blaming the firmware. I’d then phone the FTTP team and speak to a different person. It could be a build / profile issue they need to check. Plus there are some hidden settings in the SH they can look at too. Don’t take no for an answer. I thinks the mods on the forum can also help see https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Fibre-900-Upgrade-Smart-Hub-2-upload-throttling/m-...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Full fibre 900 - Slow upstream

Is there a way I can get support on this issue without having to disrupt my home network by connecting the BT hub? As it's clearly a provisioning issue, and nothing to do with the CPE.

Can a Moderator help to get this resolved for me, without the headache of jumping through tech support's pointless hoops? I work in the telecom industry so it's frustrating to go through all that when I have already ruled everything out my end.

0 Ratings