cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre 900 capped at 300/110

After several weeks delay due to incorrect notification of ONT serial number to call centre, my new fibre line was finally activated a couple of weeks ago. The achieved speeds have been steady at around 315/110 measured both by BT’s own checker and ookla speed tester via Ethernet connection to router. However, I am contracted for BT’s top halo package of 900, with minimum guarantee of 700. My BT account correctly shows this as does their checker and I reported the apparently capped speed some time ago. BT ran all the diagnostics again from their end and confirmed that there is no problem with my network setup and apparently arranged for an investigation at exchange/cabinet by 4th July. Yesterday I spoke to an Openreach engineer doing another installation close by and they confirmed my belief that with FTTP there is nothing to investigate at any cabinet/exchange and that the problem will be an internal paperwork/software glitch at BT. Unfortunately, short of cancelling the whole order and starting again and. being without phone and broadband for weeks it seems impossible to get BT to thoroughly check what has gone wrong in this order process.

Help!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre 900 capped at 300/110

have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi, yes I have, unfortunately these numbers appear to all go through the main BT call line now. I have just tried again and sure enough it is the standard BT option menu with weekend delays now! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

the FTTP number diverts to CS if the FTTP line is busy.  you just have to keep trying - this have been covered before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, will keep trying. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago when trying to get the ONT activated. 

0 Ratings