cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Full fibre 900 reduced upload speed.

Hi can someone help me please. I have already spoken to the fibre team and they are getting the same results as me (which is good and bad news really), but I wanted to see if anyone else is getting the same issues. 

So I upgraded my FTTP broadband package last Wednesday which improved my speeds from 300mbps down and 30mbps up, to 850mbps down and 150mbps up. Great news, very happy! Until yesterday. When my speeds dropped to 650mbps down and 20mbps up. I've done EVERYTHING necessary to clear everything, including factory reset of the router and a clear reboot of the ONT. After speaking with the fibre team this morning, they did a line check and found my speed was sitting about 800mbps down and 20mbps up. They also did a factory reset of the router remotely, and carried out further speed checks and again got the same results as above. The guy I spoke to informs me that even though I had the 150mbps upload speed for the best part of a week, BT only guarantee 10mbps upload speeds. 

My question is: has anyone else experienced this with BT FF900 and if so did you get it resolved? Also does anyone have anything I can try to try and improve the performance? Right now, I'm paying extra per month for the better connection, but I'm getting a worse upload speed than before! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Full fibre 900 reduced upload speed.

did you try forum search?

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Fibre-900-Upgrade-Smart-Hub-2-upload-throttling/m-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Full fibre 900 reduced upload speed.

I did and it looks like it's BT's router they send out themselves that's the issue? Auto throttling for some reason? I've double checked the router logs and it looks like it did an auto firmware update at around 10pm last night. Funny how since then I'm capped at 20mbps instead of the 120mbps I was getting previously. 

0 Ratings