cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Full fibre 900 speed issue

Hi there .

just had my full fibre 900 installed and I’m getting around 680/115.  Upload is what quoted , but getting near the 900+ I should be getting .

all test have been conducted via Ethernet via BT hub and also my own ASUS XT8 mesh routers ( which I can only Assume is better than bt offerings ) 

I called BT they said to allow time for it to settle or at least I need to allow time .    Yes my speed is above my “stay fast guarantee”  but also I’m not that far above the speeds of the 500 package . And obviously if this is the speed I can get , I’ll reduce it to that and pay less a month . 

any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Full fibre 900 speed issue

When you say just had your fibre installed. Was this today? Where are you testing the speed?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Fibre was installed yesterday. So has been active for around 24 hours. And in that time I’ve conducted a number of speed tests by ethernet

Tests were done by my laptop using an ethernet port that has a gigabit ethernet connection

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Which service are you using to test your connection?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

I’ve used a number of speed test sets .  Obviously the main one Speedtest.net   Speeds will build, but generally the test will cut off or finish around 650-680 mark 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Have you tried testing multiple devices at the same time and taking a combined total? I'm not really sure about what size of pipes speedtest.net.

My personnel fav is https://fast.com/ by Netflix. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Fast.com is also recommended by the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Check your hub sync a speed because your download and upload speeds could be affected by your hardware having bottlenecks and not being able to deliver the full speed of your line. It could be something stupid like memory size or speed, hardrive or processor in your device dragging your available speeds down. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi thanks for this .I very double it’s the hardware . 

I’ve got a killer gigabit 1gig Ethernet port on my laptop ,  also I’m using a pretty price AX work 6 router ( but all wired for testing purposes)  also hun sync speed is 1000/1000 , between the hub and the ONT 

fast.com runs odd on my laptop, seems to freeze and stutter and does read like it does on my desktop computer .   But all other speed test seem to run fine ?? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Sync speed between hub & ONT is always 1000/1000 no matter which tier you are on.

Try turning AV sorfware off during speedtests and/or try a different browser.

0 Ratings