cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Full fibre 900

Using extenders will definitely be an issue here and slow down your connection. Even expensive extenders will rarely give you more than 200mb...that’s if you’re lucky!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Thanks Surboy. 

It's good that people offer help.

Without having an ethernet cable trailing across the room are there, to your knowledge, other options?

If not, perhaps BT should advise potential customers thinking of getting 900/500/300 that it'll work.... not just that it can be delivered to a hole in the metre thick granite wall my cottage is made of.

Still, there's a lot more serious stuff out there at the moment.

Cheers my friend.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

You’re very welcome Kilgeever53. I ended up purchasing a WiFi mesh system (Orbi brand) with a backhaul between satellites to ensure maximum strength and speed of WiFi connection. This has worked for me and on WiFi I’m now getting 400-500mb throughout the house (I have full fibre 900). The satellites in a good mesh system will also give you ports for you to connect them directly via a cat cable with any devices (if you wish to do so) which will provide a solid connection. The only way to get even faster speeds than this will be a cat cable from the router to your device but in most houses this means drilling through walls which is not so practical 😞
I hope this info helps a little and feel free to ask any other questions you may have.