cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Full fibre available from SKY and Vodafone but not BT

Go to solution

It is not showing FTTP as being available.

The "Disconnect" as you put it will be that the fibre infrastructure has been completed by Openreach and the ISPs have been informed of that but as yet it is not available to order. If it was it would be showing as available on the checker which supplied by Openreach.

As I said I suspect that the other ISPs are just taking orders and you will no doubt find that any connection date you are given will be for some time in the future but the only way you will find out is by asking them.

In any event, what's the hurry, there will be plenty to go round when it does become available even in the unlikely event that the other ISPs have the jump on BT.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

As the dslchecker is maintained by openreach then it does not appear your address can get FTTP currently but if openreach have installed fibre on the top of the telegraph poles then fibre will available sometime in next weeks/months 

From recent personal experience I received notification from SKY about fibre connection but it was not actually available as openreach had not completed their install.  It was a few weeks after sky correspondence before it appeared available on dslchecker and I could order.  Could be the same for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Openreach email

Our engineers have just finished upgrading your area to Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband. That means right now you have access to the UK's most reliable network, with speeds of up to 1Gbps† (that's 1,000Mbps).

The benefits in a nutshell
  • 10x faster* than the average UK broadband connection
  • 5x more reliable** than any previous network
  • Connect all your devices at once with more reliable speeds
What is Ultrafast Full Fibre?

Simply put, it's the UK's most reliable broadband. Most homes and offices in the UK have 'Fibre to the Cabinet' which uses part fibre, part copper to get you connected. With Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband there's a fibre optic cable all the way from the exchange directly to your door. 

Ready to make the switch?

Find out how to upgrade to Ultrafast Full Fibre here: "deleted address as getting errors posting". As always, Openreach builds and maintains the network, but your broadband is still supplied by a service provider like Sky, Zen, BT, or one of the other 650+ partners we work with.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

As per my last post!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

Yes

I believe that you are correct and that placing an order with sky or vodaphone will end in delays.  The hurry is that I only get 27mbits which can be an issue when working from home with kids.  I also  have a long standing fault on my land line that cannot seem to be resolved, where I just loose the connection.

How do you know that the exchange checker is driven by openreach for sure, when its a BT address ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

You are overthinking this.

You have been given the best advice that is available and no matter how many times you ask or change the way that you ask the answer will be the same.

You will just need to wait until Openreach up date their checker then you can order FTTP from which ever ISP offers it.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution
Yes thanks I understand. I was just asking that what is your source of information that the exchange checker is driven by Openreach
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

The DSL checker shows no WBC FTTP availability, it’s possible that the checker is a little behind if you have received a separate notification from OR  stating that it is available, presumably you registered an interest some time ago regarding being advised when WBC FTTP becomes available with OR , perhaps you can post the notification you have received from Openreach stating FTTP is available , given that the DSL checker states it isn’t ( well not yet) 

If you can order with Sky and VF , post the online form showing availability with those providers….it’s possible that Sky and VF , will take your order , and wait until the DSL checker shows as FTTP available before submitting the order , whereas BT wait until the DSL checker shows availability.

WBC FTTP is an Openreach product, obviously it’s Openreach that advise when FTTP is available, in this regard BT are the same as Sky and VF, they are customers of OR, the ‘checker’ is a BTw product , and can be used with WLR phone numbers ( BT use WLR as do various providers ) some like Sky use LLU ( not WLR)  , customers of those LLU companies cannot use their phone number with a BTw based checker , but can use their address data

Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Ah the irony.  

An Openreach engineer knocked on my door this morning and asked, do I mind if he lies the fibre across my drive (the pole is on the edge of my drive) while he runs FTTP to my neighbour (for sky)!!!! 😅

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

So post the DSL checker return ( again ) it may well show as available now , but it didn’t show availability when you posted it previously…if you could order with Sky and Sky use Openreach, then ( obviously) they can only order when Openreach say it’s available, availability is shown on the DSL checker, if originally the DSL checker stated availability but BT said ‘No’ it could be BT didn’t have cable links ready but Sky did, but the DSL checker initially said FTTP wasn’t available to anyone , including Sky.

The chances are Sky took an order for service because they knew FTTP was imminent, but not confirmed,  but BT were more circumspect, and were waiting for confirmation of availability, which ( no doubt ) will be shown on the checker.

0 Ratings